Newbie here....couple of questions for you!

annie_mo
on 4/20/11 1:45 pm - Sullivan, MO
 My primary doc is getting ready to write my "letter of medical necessity".  Ive had skin rashes on my stomach even before my weight loss surgery. Is the fact the rashes have been there for years even prior to WLS going to help or hurt my case with insurance? Ideally, I would like insurance to pay for as many reconstructive surgeries as possible. I do get the same rashes under my breasts..though not as often. My primary doc hasnt ever written a letter for reconstructive surgery and I just want to ensure he does it right. Any guidance would be wonderful! Thanks! ~ Annie

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
Cassandra581
on 4/22/11 9:50 am - Sacramento, CA
 Hi Annie,

I am in the same boat.  Hopefully, those who have gone before us will be able to help guide/advise us through this process.  Good luck, and I will be sure to share any help I get.
paranoidmother21
on 4/22/11 12:40 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
My PCP focused on my complaints about rashes/scarring after my weight loss, although when I was obese I had similar issues.

If you look for Dr. LoMonaco's site, I understand he has sample letters that you could show your PCP. I know my reconstructive surgeons sent info to my PCP about what was necessary - and mine was all covered by the time they were through.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Karen B.
on 4/22/11 3:18 pm - Chino, CA

Be sure that you have photo documentation of your rashes as well.  Just be sure that your PMD follows the guidelines of your health insurance and use the templates that Rebecca is talking about.  These are great for starters.  Be sure that you have the receipts for any medication that you have been using for your rashes as well especially the prescription meds.  Good luck to you!

Karen

Huggs,
Karen B.
245/142

"Life is Journey, Ride in Style!"

Most Active