Denied today!

momofsix
on 5/4/11 6:50 am - Pinckney, MI

Just got word from my dr. today that I was denied for my TT...  So I guess I will be self-pay and will have to wait until next year when I get my taxes back!!!!  I was pretty sure my insurance wasn't going to pay for it, but it was worth a shot.  They had told me that they have a really hard time getting United Healthcare to cover it.  I am not going to go through all the appeals because I doubt it will work.  I have lost 140 pounds, but I really don't have a ton of skin hanging, I actually bounced back pretty good, but I still have self confidence issues about what is there.  So I will be looking into February or April of next year I guess.  But it WILL get done!!!!!

Thanks for the info that I have found on here and I will be back when I am getting closer to setting my date, however I will be lurking in the meantime to see pics and get as much info as I can before I go through my own surgery.

HUGS to ALL, 

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 11:31 pm
So sorry about the bad news.  Are you sure you don't want to go through the appeals process? I'm not sure how much of a hassle it would be for you, but gosh, if they DO end up paying it would be fantastic. Good luck to you!

momofsix
on 5/4/11 11:51 pm - Pinckney, MI

Right from the beginning when the doctor started taking the pics, he said that since it wasn't that bad he really doubted that insurance would even touch it, but he beefed up the letter and tried anyway for me.  I haven't had any problems related to the skin so that would make it kind of hard to get anywhere with it anyway.  But thanks for the encouragement.

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Most Active