Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) and Breast Lift 5/13

jtsmom02
on 5/15/11 7:03 pm - Mineola, TX
I had my first plastic surgery on Friday (along with having my gallbladder removed).  I psyched myself up for the worst and fortunately, I'm doing better than I expected.  I'm still relying heavily on my pain medicines but I'm sleeping 4 or 5 hours at a time, walking, eating and drinking, etc.  My drains are as expected and I'm trying follow my doctor's orders! 

The reflection in the mirror is amazing.  My mind doesn't process it yet.  My body has NEVER looked like this.  I am so grateful!  Many WLS patients will understand, this wasn't about vanity, for me it was about normal.  And right now, I'm so happy I could cry!  The doctor removed 5 pounds of fat and skin.  I wasn't sure, based on all the pictures I'd seen, if he'd remove ALL of my 'rolls' but he did, fat and skin and all is gone! 

I will take pictures soon and add them to my profile.  I hope I can be a resource for someone like several of you were for me! 

Happy Monday!
Laina

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

mnmgunter
on 5/15/11 10:54 pm - Rochester, MI
Good luck to you for a speedy recovery. I Had my anchor cut tummy tuck the day before you. Yesterday afternoon was rough but today seems much better. Im trying to follow all directions exactly as I dont want to mess anything up. It is weird isnt it to look in the mirror. My doctor also removed 5lbs of skin off my abdomen.  I slept about 7 hrs last night for the first time, it was wonderful.  I need to take some after pictures today, I keep meaning to do it but by the time I get undresssed im so winded and want to get dressed I forget! I did take a nice warm shower basically on my own this morning which felt wonderful. Take care
NoMore B.
on 5/15/11 11:02 pm, edited 5/15/11 11:03 pm
 Hi 
Count me in as another May plastics sister, home recovering.  I had a lot done - LBL, BA/BL, and arms on May 5th.  I agree with you all, each day is getting better.  I'm 10 days out now and cant believe how much better each day gets.  

My surgeon removed almost 9 pounds of skin, but I dont see it on the scale yet.  I'm very happy with my results so far, though.  I cant believe my stomach looks normal, and my butt for the first time in my whole life is smooth without any cellulite or wrinkles.

Your'e so right, it's not about vanity, it's about feeling normal.  Before my WLS I thought I would not want / need plastics.  My thoughts were that as long as I looked ok in clothes I would be ok.  As I lost my weight (140 lbs), I started feeling differently.  I was happy to lose the weight, of course, but in many ways I was more self conscious of my body than I was 140 pounds heavier.  

Hope you ladies continue to do well
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 12:44 am
I wish you all speedy healing!
Renee2007
on 5/16/11 12:46 am - Central, FL
 I hope your recovery continues to go well. It sounds like you got some really great results!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

mrwindt
on 5/16/11 1:12 am - Stratford, CT
Congratulations. I had surgery on Thursday, May 12th - Breast Lift and Abdominalplasty. It is amazing - so far. I am taking pain meds, but am easing off a bit. I actually think I'm doing too much around the house - doing some caretaking for my mother - but I'm not lifting. Any ideas for the itching around the incisions? I have 4 drains in that I hope will come out on Thursday - but I am still drainign a lot. The doctor said he took out about 9 pounds - but the scale had me weighting 5 pounds more than went I went in! Lots of fluid and sweliing. Good luck to each of you.
Jody ***
on 5/17/11 1:09 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I sprayed some Dermaplast on my incisions when they were scabbed over for the itching.  It soothes, cools and moistens the area and gives you some relief.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

mrwindt
on 5/17/11 11:56 pm - Stratford, CT
Thanks. I will check it out!
Most Active