Post op work out POLL!!

wannalosewt
on 5/17/11 12:23 pm - Norman, OK
VSG on 03/08/10 with
I had a traditional tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and lipo on my outer thighs....

POLL Q numero uno: How long after your surgery did it take you to get back in the gym?

I know at least 6 weeks, but the thought of going to the gym makes me ache so bad. I get so sore from nothing...

POLL Q numero dos: did you gain any weight after your plastics?

POLL Q numero tres: were you paranoid you were gonna gain your weight back and ruin your tuck?

I keep having these dreams that I am still healing from my surgery and then wake up and my belly is all fat and stretched out again. BOO

They took 2 lbs all together of skin and fat from lipo, but my implants weighed a pound each and so it came out even. I cant work out and it has been a BIG part of my life before plastics and I havent dropped all my weight from lowest...the scale said a 13 lb gain 3 days after surgery and obviously I knew that was from having surgery, but I am still 5 lbs up. I wasnt rel worried about what I ate the first week bc I could not keep ANYTHING down from nausea and vomiting. Answer my POLL Qs pretty please and give any advise on this weight gain.

THANKS GUYS!!

shellymor
on 5/17/11 1:06 pm - TX
After my lbl with butt aug. and ba/bl , I was cleared to start back to my step aerobics class at two weeks out, for only 10 minutes a day. My dr. let me add 10 minutes each wee****il I was back up to speed. I had to wait longer to start my running routine, because the bouncing is what can do the damage. I couldn't do direct ab wor****il I was 6 months out because of the muscle tightening and the risk of damaging those deep sutures.

I started at 5 lb. weights at two weeks out and worked my way up from there.

I didn't gain weight after plastics, although that is always my fear and what drives me to work as hard as I do in my workouts.

Just keep doing what you know is right and you will be fine. I think it's better to have the fear of regain than to be too comfortable in your maintenance.
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 10:58 pm
 Pre-surgery I am a gym rat - I work out 6 days a week alternating cardio (treadmill) and strength (weights).  I also am training for a cycling event the weekend before my ps.  I've been told that I will be out 6+ weeks exercise-wise.  I will have to tell myself during that time that I will heal a lot faster if I follow the doctor's advice.  I love working out but think I will enjoy it a LOT more after my lbl.  Good luck!!
avidreader
on 5/18/11 7:50 am - Cary, NC
Only 6 weeks out - will see doctor next week and plan to be released for whatever I want to do.
I am not a gym person but I very well may become one.

I had 8.5 pounds of skin removed and I am down 10 pounds from pre surgery weight.

I actually feel that I am back to my RNY early days - I think the muscle tightening from the TT pulled everything tight and I am back to eating very small amounts. 

I guess there's always that fear of a regain when you have been overweight, or MO, for a long time but I think this TT will give me even more motivation to keep the weight off - as if the return of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestorol and sleep apnea isn't enough!!

Right before my surgery I decided to do only liquid protein for 3 days to clear out my system and prepare for the surgery - and in those 3 days I lost 4 pounds - I really upped my protein to help with the healing, too.  You may or may not want to try it.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
laurak712
on 5/19/11 5:49 am - New Braunfels, TX
I was cleared for the gym at 2 weeks out.  I have been working out for more than 20 years though.

I did not gain any weight after plastics...in fact I lost 8 pounds immediately.  My skin removal was less than 3 pounds.

I am not afraid of gaining cause I don't eat enough, LOL.  And I exercise religiously just as I always have.

No advice on your weight gain except jus****ch calories and keep protein high.

Laura

P.S.  Had LBL/BL 7 months ago

Height 5' 7

Most Active