tummy tuck

tesahardi
on 6/11/11 11:57 pm - GA

Wednesday is the big day. I'm so excited. Only drawback is I have to pay for it, since insurance won't cover it. My question is, from the ones who have had this done, how painful is the recovery? PS will do a full cut, actually further around my back than normal, due to the excess skin and will have to cut somewhat vertical. An upside down T. I'll have only the horizontal scar. He is supposed to also do a little tuck for my upper thighs, though they're not too bad. I don't have little children, and my husband will take care of me. 

cyndi U.
on 6/12/11 12:09 am - forney, TX
Paying is a hard thing to do!  But girl it is well worth the money!!!!  You'll be happy you've done it!  Getting rid of that big belly skin is awesome, I still look in a mirror & can't bellieve it's me!  Recovery is hard, but just take your time and take it easy...it is well controlled pain.  Good luck on Wednesday & let us know how it all goes!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Laura in Texas
on 6/12/11 12:25 am
What do you mean when you say you'll have an upside down T, but only a horizontal scar? I'm confused.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

tesahardi
on 6/12/11 12:42 am - GA
Upside down T.  cut just like that, but the way he will pull the excess skin from side to side and down will only create a horizontal scar. My daughter was there and saw what he demonstrated and understood it. Not to cut too far up, but will also do some lipo on top. I kid that I have 3 sets of boobs, with the way my stomach rolls.
I'm mostly wondering about the recovery, and the pain.

jtsmom02
on 6/12/11 2:57 am - Mineola, TX
I had the full anchor cut tummy tuck (all the way up almost to breasts) with breast lift (and gallbladder removal!).  I geared myself up for the worst pain of my life, and it was not as bad as I expected.  lol. 

While the initial pain was not as bad as I expected, the level of soreness still at 4 weeks out is/was surprising to me. 

Good luck!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

tesahardi
on 6/12/11 10:01 am - GA
thanks so much for the help

Most Active