bleeding 10 months?

misseye
on 6/11/11 10:39 pm
I must be some sort of freak!

I am 10 months post LBL and when I have especially strenuous workouts, I still get a bit puffy, especially in the back.  I feel it in my incision scar that it wants to stretch and you can see the puffiness above the insicion. 

This week was a killer gym week, so I got swollen and there is a spot on the back of the right hip that was burning and got read and this morning I woke up with a small amount of blood and fluid on my under ware where it is.  It stings when it stretches or something touches it.

This happen to anyone else?

And anyone have any advice for getting the swelling down after big workouts?

Missy

Laura in Texas
on 6/11/11 11:08 pm
Wow. Interesting. I'm of no help because I have yet to have my lower body lift, but I hope someone else will be able to help you!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 5:46 am
Missy..I'm no expert by any means, but I think you need to contact your surgeon...Sounds like your workouts are just waaaaay to strenuous for you at this time...If you are "spotting" from an incision, that is just not a good sign...Be a little more gentle with your new body for a little while longer...I'm sure you can work out without putting soooo much stress and strain on those Still
sensitive areas..It all sounds a little scary to me..

Take care, girl...you have worked too long and too hard to jeopardize your success..

cyndy
laurak712
on 6/12/11 10:04 am - New Braunfels, TX
I'm 8 months out and still swell a bit most days.  About 6 weeks ago I had an old stitch come out and it bled a bit...called Dr. L and he said it was fine.  Could it be a stitch? 

As far as controlling swelling...I think it's just gonna take lots of time with the way we work out.  And I really don't want to go back in to compression...yuck!

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active