"Down" Time

proudmomof2
on 6/15/11 4:05 am - Eaton, OH
I have my consult 2 weeks from today on the 29th.  I am interested in inquiring about a panniculectomy, abdominaplasty (the surgeon's office said that most patients get this with the panniculectomy), an arm lift, and a breast lift.  I would like to get all done at once since I have a 20 month old and I don't want several different occassions of where I can't take care of him.  I want to get it all done and over with at once (if possible).

On that note, if I were able to get all done at once, what time frame and I looking out to be "down"?  My husband has things going on until August 16th, then after that I could schedule - he would be able to take care of the baby.  Our son's 2nd birthday is mid-October and I don't want to be down for that.  If I were to schedule around the middle of August, would I be healed enough to plan his party?

Thanks for any information!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
siberiancat
on 6/15/11 6:19 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I'm 3 weeks post fleur de lis tummy tuck and brachioplasty.  I still have a 5 pound weight restriction.  I'm going back to work 1/2 days next week.  Just was OK'd to start driving this last Monday.

I have granddaughters age 1 and 3 and no way could I take care of them yet. (And I have babysat one day a week since the 3 yr old was born.)

I am older and have a complication with TT - so maybe someone else will have better news for you.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

proudmomof2
on 6/15/11 6:24 am, edited 6/15/11 6:25 am - Eaton, OH
Thank you for your reply.  I know I am going to have to rely on hubby so I want to make sure he has all his commitments out of the way before I schedule anything.  We own our own company and I have a desk job so nothing major there.  After my RNY~ I actually came back to work a week 1/2 afterwards (for 1 day due to emergency here at work) but didn't start back full time until the following week which was 2 weeks post op for me and it wasn't too bad.  I'm hoping for the same this go around as well - just probably a lifting restriction a little bit longer this time.

Thanks again!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Crazeru
on 6/16/11 9:21 am
I had everything done at once, and LBL, BL, medial upper thigh lift and arms then 4 days later a full facelift.  I took 8 weeks off, but I'm 59 too.  It did take a lot out of me and took 3.5 months to really get my energy back.  Youth does help!  I think Tom was back at work at 2.5 weeks out.  

I did drive 150 miles for a wedding at 5 weeks out.  I didn't do much, but had a good time. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 1:31 pm - TX
Hi - I think you will be good to go. I understand your dilemma. I had a breast lift and abdominoplasty-extended 3 months ago and I'm back to all my normal acitivities and have been for a while. You are planning to have more procedures done than I had, but at 2 months out I could have planned a party and carried on with normal life. You probably have read it all and heard it all, but I will say that PS requires a lot of healing and everyone heals differently. However, if all goes as planned I think you will be fine.
proudmomof2
on 6/17/11 1:59 am - Eaton, OH
Thanks so much for your replies.  They are all so helpful.  Now I'm just anxious to have my consult!  Can it get here any quicker???

One-Derland - 12/10/10 
Most Active