Swelling

Jobsies
on 6/17/11 5:05 am - Pitman, NJ
How long does it take for the swelling to go down? My pants are so tight and it's driving me crazy! However, I am very happy to have lost the panni finally!

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

Crazeru
on 6/17/11 5:10 am
I stayed in sweats/terry cloth pants for 4-6 weeks.  I still swell up and started wearing my garment at night only and I'm 5mo out.  I was wearing my garments 2-3x/week, but I'm going out more so wearing the body garment at night generally works well to reduce the swelling by morning.

I didn't change jean sizes.  I did go down to mostly med tops with the BL.  But went into surgery wearing size 9, and that's what I'm in.  Can't do much with my hips!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

NursieGirl
on 6/17/11 5:17 am
Still swollen at five months out?!  Holy crap!

Jobsies
on 6/17/11 5:39 am - Pitman, NJ
I'll second that!! Ugh!!!!

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

lk1970
on 6/17/11 10:55 pm
Im 5 months out from a TT and BA as well and I still have swelling at the end of the day. I'm also "spitting stitches" eewwww just something that happens to some people. But I have NO regrets, I love my results!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Jobsies
on 6/18/11 1:53 am - Pitman, NJ
What is splitting stitches?

laurak712
on 6/18/11 2:04 am - New Braunfels, TX
I "spit" a few stitches as well.  It happens when the stitches don't totally dissolve like they are supposed to and work their way up through the skin.  It doesn't hurt at all and you just gently pull them out.  I only had a couple of them do that.  It's very common and nothing to worry about. 

On another note about swelling, I swelled the worst for about 3 or 4 weeks then things started settling down.  I am 8 1/2 months post op now and still swell a little in the evenings.  It's not bad, just annoying.

Laura

Height 5' 7

cbr160
on 6/18/11 10:08 pm
 I found that limiting sodium at each meal made a world of difference.  I am 22 months post body lift, ba, brach, and inner thigh lift. Even today if I eat too much sodium at once, I feel tightening along stitches.  
NursieGirl
on 6/19/11 7:56 am
Wow, I know that it is normal to swell a little with a high-sodium diet, but at 22 months out, I would think that swelling of surgical areas would be negligible

cbr160
on 6/19/11 8:20 am
 It only happens if I really eat a high sodium meal or snack and it's not a generalized swelling but more of a noticeable tightening of a scar.  

I probably swelled from high sodium foods prior to the surgery but didn't notice it because I didn't have any scars that tightened because of the swelling. 
Most Active