Update--just got home from Doc visit--swelling

redbedhead
on 6/20/11 2:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO
OK.  He took two of the drains out.  Both were on the left side.  They were doing nothing.  He "flushed "(Inserted Saline into the tube and then sucked it back out) the Right Front drain and a hidden clot came out along with a ton(500 ccs) of fluid. The swelling in my abdomen went WAY down when he did that.  The clot was inside the drain tube but would not strip out.  the Flushing made it come out.  So now i have to take blood thinners for an extra week.

The compression garment is wonderful!  It feels so tight and so good!  It even helps my arthritis to feel better.  I am supposed to wear it 24/7 only taking it off to shower every other day.

He said all the incisions are looking great, and he is impressed that I can stand up straight already and only taking 1 percocet every 7 hours already.  Chronic pain is good for something!

He thinks the swelling will start getting better now that I have the compression and that the drain is working properly.

I go back a week from tomorrow to get the other 2 drains out!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement earlier today.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 2:49 am - TX
Anna,

That is great news! I know you feel so much better about everything. Thank God. Hope all continues to go well.

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 3:16 am
Sooo happy things are looking up after the Dr.s visit...I know you HAD to be miserable with the extra fluid...

Take care and thanks for the update..!

cyndy
AlleeOop
on 6/20/11 3:56 am - OK
I am so glad that you are feeling better. I am 4 weeks out thigh and arm lift and the swelling is still horrible. I am so sick of having my feet elevated. It is also 100+ degrees here so  I'm sure that doesn't help. I just want to be out of this hot swollen hell lol. Btw The compression garment becomes almost like a security blanket. It just keeps it all in and not pulling.
cyndi U.
on 6/20/11 5:37 am - forney, TX
So proud he could bring you some relief.  I think you'll keep feeling better as that keeps draining!  Rest up and keep your feet up!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

redbedhead
on 6/20/11 6:16 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks everyone!

I am keeping my feet up, and feela lot better now that the drain is working properly.  I did notice that the extra compression has made me have to take extra pain pills, but I will live with going back to every 4 hours instead of 6 if the garment gets rid of the swelling!

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

ilse72
on 6/20/11 7:13 am - AL
I was following your posts on the swelling and I am so happy to hear that you are finally getting some relief and a solution to it.  You must feel like a new person!  Here is to continued improvement in the swelling!

Height 5'1"  ~~~   Current weight 98 pounds.
Surgeon's goal 118 pounds (met March 18, 2009). 
My goal 105 pounds, met July 15, 2009.
avidreader
on 6/20/11 7:55 am - Cary, NC
Wow, 500 ccs, I know you must feel really better now.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active