post op tummy tuck - feeling great!!!

Beckstar
on 6/23/11 11:40 pm

hey everyone,
just wanted to let you know that i had an extended tummy tuck, lipo and pubis done on wednesday outpatient and i'm feeling great.  i had a friend stay with me the first 24 hours as required by the doc.  i spent last night by myself and it's TOTALLY DOABLE!  getting out of the lazy boy recliner isn't so bad, walking to the bathroom is fine.  pain is managed with the pain meds.  i'm hungry as anything but that's normal for me since i'm always hungry. 
i was concerned about doing it on my own but so far so good.  i think because i worked so hard for this and i was so prepared, and i'm so happy i did this that my attitude is affecting my healing.  stay positive, you can do this!

Kenji W.
on 6/24/11 1:50 am - Madison, TN
Congrats to you and hope you have a speedy recovery!!!...I have been approve to have complete body lift for 12-10-11 which will be done in 2 seprate surgeries. I'm so exicted and glad that my ins will cover a big portion of it. So if you have any tips please share. As of now I'm trying to get the last 10-15 lbs off and trying to tone up as much as I can! to date I have lost 150lbs and feeling good!....

Good Luck!!!

REBIRTH 1-26-09           -93 LBS SINCE SURGEY      1ST FILL 3-3-09 4CC...2ND FIlL 4-17-09 1/2 cc...5-29-09 3RD FILL 1/2cc....7-6-09 4TH FILL .25...8-17-09 UNFILL .1cc

wings
on 6/24/11 2:17 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Thank you so much for posing this.  I am getting ready to have ventral hernia repair  with panniculectomy ? full TT July 26 and I am so worried about how I will feel for classes in college August 17.  This post made me feel more at ease. 

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Zombie
on 6/24/11 2:58 am

Wow, this sounds really reassuring. Thanks for sharing. I'm scheduled for August 12 maybe sooner if I can. That's really good to know and that helps me feel a lot better.

~Paul~

Beckstar
on 6/24/11 3:26 am
the only tips i really have are to keep a good attitude, expect that there will be pain (and then be pleasantly surprised when the "pain" is really more like soreness after a killer workout), and know that it's only temporary. 
we've worked sooooo hard to get the weight off, it's like this is where we've dreamed of being.  how could i not be ecstatic?  i'm so excited to see what it will look like.
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 5:11 am

YIPPY-SKIPPY...!!   

SOOOOO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING SO WELL...THAT'S LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS..!!

HOPE YOUR RECOVERY STAYS UP-BEAT AND POSITIVE..!!

cyndy

avidreader
on 6/24/11 7:22 am - Cary, NC
Glad to know things are going well.
Sounds like you are ready to rock and roll this recovery!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
siberiancat
on 6/24/11 7:56 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Glad to know you are doing so well.

Did you have an anchor cut?
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

redbedhead
on 6/24/11 8:45 am - Colorado Springs, CO
glad you are doing well. 

Attitude does have a lost to do with healing.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

ilse72
on 6/24/11 8:57 am - AL
Happy to hear things are going so well!  I am having my surgery next Friday and I am thrilled.  I am an optimistic personality and all prior surgeries in my life have been "easy" so I am expecting this to be the same.  My surgery is 1.5 hours from our home and I must spend the first night in that town.  Fortunately, we own a condo there but it is on the second floor.  My only concern is doing all the steps to get up to the condo...not only are there a lot of them, they are steep.  Have you had to do any steps?

Sending you wishes for a very speedy, continued easy recovery!

Height 5'1"  ~~~   Current weight 98 pounds.
Surgeon's goal 118 pounds (met March 18, 2009). 
My goal 105 pounds, met July 15, 2009.
Most Active