I tink it is time.

BrendaKay1980
on 6/30/11 1:05 am - Independence, MO
I think it is time for me to start the process for plastic surgery. I am now about 3 and a half years out and have been the same weight for about 2 years.  I really feel that my BODY is ready but I am excited, scared, worried, overwhelmed, and nervous all at the same time. I am not really sure where to start or what to look for first.  If anyone has any suggestions and advice I would appreciate anything i can get.  Thanks in advance. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 12:18 pm - Yorktown, VA
Start looking for surgeons who specialize in plastics in weight loss surgery patients, since our needs are often different than "normal" patients.....our skin is also different.  You can ask your WLS doc for recommendations, friends, family, etc.  Set up some consults and go to at least 3 different surgeons for opinions.

You should also find out what procedures your insurance company will cover and what criteria must be met in order for them to cover it.  Then start doing what you need to do to meet that criteria.

Also start a list of questions to ask the plastic surgeons.  As you think of something else write it down.  Then you can take this with you to your consults, because once you're in there, you're going to forget something.

Good luck!
Most Active