"mini arm tuck" -who's had one?

jewel506
on 7/1/11 1:35 am - Houston, TX

Have decided to look into plastics.

I've read about the "mini arm tuck" where the incision is in the armpit.  My 'batwings' aren't too bad - more like loose skin "melting" down/around my arms!  :-)

How has had the "mini arm tuck"??

I'm in Houston and would LOVE to stay closer for surgery - but am willing to travel for a great surgeon!!

Looking into having a LBL, breasts done and maybe even face, too.  Wish I could get it all done at once and get it over with!  LOL!

Thanks!!!

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

Laura in Texas
on 7/1/11 1:46 am
Most surgeons will not do all of that at once, unless you go to Mexico. I just had a lbl and bl with Dr. LoMonaco. He is amazing but those 2 procedures took 7 hours. He would not do more than that at one time unless you are an easy case (I was not). I had a full bracchioplasty 18 months ago.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jewel506
on 7/1/11 2:24 am - Houston, TX

Thanks for the reply, Laura!!

Yes - I know having everything done at once is NOT a possibility..... even in Mexico I believe you have some 'down time' between procedures.  :-)  I just want all the pain and suffering to be over with at one time!  LOL!

I do not think I 'need' the full brachioplasty - but DO need an arm lift and the "mini arm tuck" sounds perfect, for me!!

Hoping to find an excellent surgeon that does this procedure.

Julie

Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis

siberiancat
on 7/1/11 2:46 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
You might think you want to get all the pain over with at once - but I doubt that you really would.

I had a fleur de lis (anchor cut) abdominoplasty & brachioplasty done at the same time 5 weeks ago.  It was so painful (much muscle work done in belly) and I was so dependent on others because of core and arms being "out of commission."

I've had a complication of tissue necrosis at vertical/horizontal intersection of TT and now have a gaping open wound that I will be taking care of for a few months while it heals from the inside-out.

I'm weak, sore and next extra rest at 5 weeks.  Weight restriction of 10#, wearing compression garments24/7.  This is much more extensive than I thought it would be.

My brachioplasty goes from just below elbow thru arm pits - about 12 long.  Under my arms has been the most difficult.  Can't keep dressings on.  Difficult to lift up, out or behind because incision "stretches".  My Left arm pit incision opened up (no infection) from reaching (just trying to get in and out of clothes and pullover tops is excruiating).

I wouldn't have done both at the same time if I'd have known what I was in for.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

jewel506
on 7/1/11 3:05 am, edited 7/1/11 3:05 am - Houston, TX

Thank you for sharing your experience!!

Sorry you're having issues with incisions opening and tissue necrosis.  Hope you heal soon!!

The main reason I need to get 'whatever' I have done over with 'at one time' is I am single and have a 7 yr old.  Can't be out of commission for too long - and certainly not more than once.  :-)  It will be difficult as it is to get her situated while I have surgery and for a bit more for me to get to the point I can take care of her again.

Seriously considering Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico.

Julie

Tammy D.
on 7/1/11 2:59 pm
Thanks so much for sharing your experience on having those 2 surgeries together!
Century Club: Thanksgiving Day 25November2010  I am truly grateful
Diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and GERD resolved along the way. 
Onederland:  Citizen & permanent resident 17Dec2010  
'Normal' BMI range reached 26July2011
18 Month Surgiversary 148# BMI 23  26Nov2011

··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··
   ·><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>·
   ··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··

AlleeOop
on 7/1/11 5:17 am - OK
I had also wanted to have a "mini" arm lift. I wanted my arms fixed at the top but did not want some long scar. My arms were not bad at all and I was not able to have a "mini". I'd be interested in seeing a weight loss surgery patient that could get away with it.  I would be glad to share pictures but only have pre op with my breast showing and I'm not willing to put those on here.
jewel506
on 7/1/11 5:45 am - Houston, TX

I'm not sure I understand...  

You weren't "able" to have a mini arm tuck??  Why??  Were you trying to get insurance to cover the surgery??

Julie

AlleeOop
on 7/1/11 7:10 am - OK
Yeah more like the PS wasn't "able". I guess I maybe could of found some surgeon willing to do it but my arms would of looked pretty funny.  People that have lost massive amounts of weight usually need massive plastic surgery not a "mini" anything. But hey maybe you a very lucky exception.  You might want to check out  Dr loMonaco in Houston.
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 9:32 am - Yorktown, VA
Your arms sound like mine.  My "batwings" are pretty minimal.  My issue is the top front of my arms when they are at my sides.  They're a bit wrinkly and ugly.  My PS says he can do a mini on me with just the scar in the pit or extending out VERY minimally (like an inch or two).  Any more than that and I don't want it done.
Most Active