Belly Button incision opened up--updated

redbedhead
on 7/4/11 11:10 pm, edited 7/5/11 3:12 am - Colorado Springs, CO
So yesterday I noticed that my belly Button had some dried blood on it.  I washed it away and found that the whole incision on the right side was completely open, the tip of a qtip could fit inside the hole.  There is no odor, just bright red blood and a hole.

I am going to call my PS this morning when his office opens, but wanted to know if any of you thought this was something I needed to worry about, or what I could expect from the PS.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

mkbeany
on 7/5/11 2:08 am
Sorry this happened.
Let us know how it goes.
I know it is a common area for problems.

Watch for signs of infection!

Take care.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
redbedhead
on 7/5/11 3:11 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Update..

I talked to my PS and he did not think it was anything to worry about, but He did want me to come in tomorrow and have him look at it.  (He is in Surgery all day today.) 

He said in the mean time to put Neosporin on the outside of the wound, not to put anything (neosporine or gauze or Q-tips) inside the wound and cover it with gauze, replacing the gauze as necessary to keep it clean and dry.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 6:45 am
So, Sorry, you are having to deal with this...Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..!!

Keep us posted on it ALL..

cyndy
Most Active