Brachioplasty-Compression sleeves making hands swell...

LisaLisa2009
on 7/13/11 5:02 am
Hello I had brachioplasty revision 2 weeks ago. I have custom fit sleeves from my first brachio 1 year ago. The sleeves make my hands swell just like the first surgery. After a few hours I can barely close my hands. Its so uncomfortable. My ps says just use ace bandages instead. Those make my forearms swell. I don't know what to do. I lost 200 lbs with rny but still am very heavy in my legs and tend 2 retain water and have swollen feet and ankles normally. I had a tummy tuck 2 mo. ago and had 2 keep drain in extra long so I am just a sweller. I want the best outcome for my 2nd brachioplasty. Any advice? Thanks! Lisa

siberiancat
on 7/13/11 7:44 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I am 7 weeks post brachioplasty and TT.  I use ACE bandages.  In the beginning I would wrap from wrist to armpit and secure with some tape.  Only take them off for showers.

Sleep with arms elevated on pillows.  When up and walking - swing arms back and forth.  I also do a lot of knitting which keeps my arms and fingers moving.

Drink 100+ oz of water daily.  Eat fruit and veggies that are mostly water.  Stay away from salt (both the salt shaker and foods that have added salt).

Make sure to take your required vitamins & minerals and eat a "clean" balanced diet, protein first - always.  Stay away from white flour, white sugar, white rice, pasta, fast food and junk food for a week or so.

I'm sure you will get other ideas from those that have been there.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active