coming soon

antonietta23
on 7/20/11 6:02 am - Holbrook, MA
 I am on my count down, 9 days to go, getting excited and nervous.  I have been getting ready, any advice of what I should have , would be great.  I have a walker and high rise toilet seat.  I am going to sleep down stairs so I am going to fill a basket with cloths that are loose.  What should i wear to hospital and come home with.  Also my sister suggestest pillows in the car for the ride home.  I am having a lbl , will  i be able to sit comfortably in the the car for the ride home.  I go home the next day, and I am happy to be going home right away. 
Laura in Texas
on 7/20/11 7:43 am
How far away from the hospital is your house? I'm about 45 minutes away and did OK. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and was so thankful for that. It took that long for the anesthesia to mostly work itself out of my body. I slept for 2 days straight.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

prek-3
on 7/20/11 8:14 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Antonietta!
I had a LBL . Did I read your post some where, but did you mention LBL? Definately on right track with the walker & toliet seat! My favorite items!!!

- use your pain meds in timely manner, dont try to be tough by not using it, don't need more discomfort. **personally I thought pain would be unbearable, and wasn't as bad as I expected.

- gauze pads (for changing your dressins for the drains) *drains are easy peasee!!!

-stool softener!!!!! A MUST! **Personally I took 2 stool softeners everytime I took my narcotic & with some of my meals   ***I had a Bowel M. by day 3! And it took awhile but no straining involved.

-Tucks (incase you don't use stool softener and have to "push & strain" it'll help hemorroids)

- medical tape (my dr. made a point to say to use it minamally on my skin, can contribute to the itchies)

-*neosporin have it handy (found out it only needed to be applied to the area around the drain, not the actual incession - *found out that applying it on actual incession contributed to the itchies more so)

- Benadryl (for the itchies!!! Have a secend set of ears with you when recieving instructions!!You won't be too coherent)

- wife beater shirts, helps to become a barrier between your skin and the binder. its ok to get white, incase your body is getting too ozzy you'll need to know (I bought 2 dark color ones and it can hide problems)

-chucks, pads (you may not wanna bother with underware yet, and want to have a sanitary area to land your bottom on)

- dont throw away your old underware yet. When you do go out and if you are still wearing drains , those ugly old things can help to tuck your tubing. ( ***I say this because I went out today to get a haircut, and I illiminated the bulkiness with tucking tubing in there, and I put drain closer to my hips on both sides. it just look like I hide wide hips, not like I was pregnant)

- preposition items in assesible places that work for you! Have at least 2 or 3 spots to park yourself through out the day! ***I need sunshine, so I have a rocking chair by my sliding glass windows that over looks our lake! I dont lose track of time, which could lead me to feeling depressed.

I had my non fat greek yogurt prepared and portioned out ahead of time. It made me feel good about being able to meet my protien needs .

I think thats it, probably more someone will chime in what worked best for them.
I hope this helps,
prek3
Carmen

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Laura in Texas
on 7/20/11 8:45 am
Carmen has a good list. One thing I still use is unscented maxipads from the dollar store to use on my incisions instead of bandages. They're way cheaper than bandages or gauze pads and protect my incisions from my garment. My support garment keeps them in place.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

antonietta23
on 7/20/11 10:19 am - Holbrook, MA
 thanks and yes a lbl.

prek-3
on 7/20/11 7:09 pm - Hollywood, FL
Antonietta,
One more thing, no 2 more things...

- a neck pilllow for sleeping upright with (don't need to ache those neck muscles)

- hydrocortisone (sp?) for itchies!!!!
**Currently I have been losing lots of sleep due to it! It leaves me feeling exhausted! ***Note I am typing this at 5 a.m. Thursday morning!!!! And will be seeing Dr. later this afternoon, and asking for a script for a perscription med to address itchies!!!!!!!!!!!

*** I Just read OhMeOhMy's post about being sick, if you do use your old underware, becareful not to get any kinks in the tubing. So glad she shared, now I'll be careful of preventing an issue.

(((yawn))))
Catch up with you later,
a tired Prek3
carmen

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Most Active