6hrs of now...not fair

Amy Smith
on 7/26/11 1:34 pm
In 6 hours I will be at the hospital for my abdomenplasty, inner thigh lift, and outer thigh lipo.....I am VERY nervous as this is the longest surgery I have ever had. 

My arms are healing well and I know that I can use them to move as needed, which was a concern after tomorrow's surgery.

Here's where life is really not fair!!!!!!  So I started my period the day before my arms surgery, not a big deal as it was outpatient....I wasn't too concerned and they let me keep my underwear and things were fine.  TODAY (15 days after the previous cycle) I have started again (and with a vegence).  I called my surgeon b/c I am sure I am not the first to be in this situation and by the end of the conversation I was laughing eventhough I would like to cry.  She assured me to put a tampon in and things would be fine.  she will make sure the post-op nurses know in case they have to change a tampon while I am out of it. THIS IS JUST NOT COOL!!! (It has given me something else to be concerned about.)

I am sure things will go well and I thank you all for your help to this point and am so glad you all are here!  I'l update as I can!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

JodiLee1
on 7/26/11 1:43 pm
I started my period for my RNY!  My period luckily will be 2 weeks after my PS!   I'm sure this happens a lot!

Still Fawn
on 7/26/11 2:39 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I had my TT yesterday and my period started 20 mins after I checked into the hospital.. Of course.. The nurses were very blasé about it. I want allowed to do tampons, they gave me the net panties and a pad, but otherwise no one seemed to care but me. You will be fine!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Amy Smith
on 7/26/11 8:11 pm
Thanks guys!

If it's not one thing of is another'
Jujuvee
on 7/26/11 8:31 pm
I'm not scheduled for  my LBL  until Novenber but this may be the case for me as well and I'm also getting my arms done... I already informed my husband that he will be in charge of my bathing and bathroom stuff, but as much as a trooper as I know he wants to be he has a super weak stomach and I
m thinking I need a back up assistant!

Please update us on how this works out for you as I can't shake the thought of not being able to remove my own tampons.

My thoughts are with you as you recover.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 12:26 am
Girrrrl, you are going to be asleep and they will take care of things for you...they see ALL kinds of unexpected issues EVERY surgery...I'm sure A LOT of patients have given the surgical team a little extra work, you will be no Big Issue for them...they will Just put in a plug if they have to, LOL.. and go about their merry business of making you look AMAZING...!!!

BLESSINGS TO YOU, JODI...I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOUR SAFE AND UNEVENTFUL SURGERY AND YOUR SURGICAL TEAM...!!

CAIN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU AFTER YOUR SURGERY...!!!

cyndy
Bertrand765
on 7/27/11 5:50 am
Oh sweetie don't even sweat it! My surgeon said that 90% of women start their periods before surgery even when its not their normal schedule cycle time due to stress. I was told this before my VSG and it happened to me as well. The nurses will be right there to help you and I know its annoying but you'll be fine. Don't stress...you need to spend this time resting and getting ready for tomorrow. Trust me they have always seen worse! Good luck tomorrow!
Elle

Amy Smith
on 7/27/11 7:53 am
Things were okay, the on q pimp is awesome, but.
Y legs r killing!
Just wanted to Check in and say thNks Gain ! Sorry I just got to my room at 3 and I know I don't make sense on mess really tell when they kick in!
Most Active