sleeping patterns

antonietta23
on 8/7/11 2:35 pm - Holbrook, MA
 I am 10 days out from my lbl.  Is anyone having a problem sleeping , it seems like i cannot sleep more than 2 hours at a time.  I feel like I can sleep and then I wake up and cannot get back to sleep. My husband seems to think this is the healing process for me , but its driving me crazy, granted I rest all day, with the exception of little walks, so my body is doing what it needs to do. Also how long till all your drains were out.  I had one removed this past friday and I go back on tuesday and I know that two more will be ready to come out, but as of now the last drain is putting out to much to be removed

Amy Smith
on 8/7/11 11:50 pm
I totally feel for you!  I am 12 days post abdominoplasty, inner thigh lift, and outer thigh lipo.  I have had difficulty sleeping for the last few days.  It seems that I don't fall asleep until like 4 am and then I sleep till 10.  I am then laying around all day (w/ brief walks) and napping all day.  I realized Saturday that although I thought I was napping all day I haven't been for the last couple of days.  
Last night, I gave up and took Benedryll so I could sleep last night.  I still didn't sleep until midnight, but it was much better.

I have to get in a real pattern soon cause I am going to start back to work 1 week from today!  Come on body!  Heal quick! :-)
ericaFG
on 8/8/11 12:26 am - Cambridge, Canada
Yup - my sleep is messed up as well - similar to yours.  No sleeping until 2 or 3am.  Can barely wake up at 10am (force myself) and fall asleep in the chair all day.

I think I need a few days of activities during the day to force me to stay awake - so I'm actually tired at night...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Laz22girl
on 8/8/11 12:56 am
When I was off, I had some sleep issues...a lot of it was my just being up because I was lounging all day. Once I went back to work, it wasn't too hard to get back into a sleep schedule.

I suffer with sleep issues, anyway. I take Stress Ease drops to help. It is for anxiety, which is what normally keeps me up.
antonietta23
on 8/8/11 1:55 am - Holbrook, MA
I did a little better last night .  I went back to bed around two and tossed but managed to stay till 7 this morning. I am 10 days out and feeling better everyday, I think the lounging around is part of it.  today i have been getting up more.  A good friend of mine is going to pick me up later so I can get a manicure.  I will make you guys laugh, I still have 3 drains in and i cannot wear undergarments, and my husband said to me , make sure they do not see anything, they will talk about you LOL The thing driving me the most crazy is the drains i know two of them are ready now to come out and the last one is still putting out 70 cc how long is the average time fro all of them to come out.  thanks guys 
JodiLee1
on 8/8/11 12:01 pm
I sleep awful.  I've always gotten up 2 times a night to pee.  I've been up until 1230-1am since surgery.  I lay down and then up 2 hrs later in pain.  I can't go back to sleep for an hour.  I'll take off my girdle because I can't stand it anymore.  Then I switch where I'm sleeping (bed to couch or couch to chair).  I'll go back to sleep for a couple hours.  I'll wake up in pain or have to pee.  Then I'll try to go to sleep again.  I'm up at 7 or 8am for the rest of the day. I only napped a couple of times when I was off work.  I've been off pain meds since day 18.  Tylenol doesn't help but I take it.
Sleep has been a major problem for me!

Melinda L.
on 8/8/11 2:13 pm - San Antonio, TX
I'm almost 3 weeks out from my LBL/BL and I had to start re-taking my Lunesta/Xanex (Dr Prescribed) sleepy combo about 12 days out. They tried to give me my Lunesta in the Hospital - but I quickly learned that it has a bad trippy reaction when taken on Morphine LoL

Up until about the 12th day I was falling in and out of sleep most of the time, day and night. Then I started feeling better and when I started staying up all day - my old pattern of not being able to shut my brain off started back up. So I started back up with the sleep meds.

I got my 2-BL drains out at 5 days and my 2-LBL drains out at day 12, but i've heard a lot of people have theirs in for weeks - just depends...
RNY - 12/10/2008    Dr. Terive Duperier of BMI of Texas
Lower Body Lift / Breast Lift - 07/20/2011  
Dr Peter Fisher of San Antonio Plastic Surgery Center

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 2:44 am - Yorktown, VA
I had trouble sleeping at night and wierd sleep patterns for awhile post-op, too.  I didn't really get back to normal until I went back to work....maybe being on a more normal schedule during the day helped?

My PS did offer me a sleep aide if I needed it.  You could call yours and ask or try some melatonin.
Most Active