Feels weird when I eat

Melinda L.
on 8/18/11 2:12 pm - San Antonio, TX
I had my RNY in 12/08 and just had a full lower body lift (with tummy tuck) 4 weeks ago. I had been eating fine for the first three weeks and then just a few days ago i started having this weird feeling whenever i eat.

It's like after i swallow i feel the food moving through my stomach. It makes it hard to eat when i have this weird feeling with every bite. It seems that i feel the 'bubble' in the center of my stomach area, right around the bottom of my ribs.

I have my regular follow-up appointment tomorrow morning with my PS and will ask him.. but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
RNY - 12/10/2008    Dr. Terive Duperier of BMI of Texas
Lower Body Lift / Breast Lift - 07/20/2011  
Dr Peter Fisher of San Antonio Plastic Surgery Center

J G.
on 8/18/11 3:56 pm
2 thoughts,
Do you take probiotics?
Could it be gastritis?
wings
on 8/18/11 11:16 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
I agree with Jenny, plus just make sure you dont have any other symptoms like pressure under your brst, arm or elbow aching pain or jaw pain.  If you have any of these call you dr. or go to ER asap. 

I have had trouble eating period from day one.  I think everything in there is swollen leaving me no room in my sleeve to put food lol.  I have been living mainly on shakes and eating a few bites here and there for the past 3 weeks.  

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Melinda L.
on 8/19/11 2:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks guys - I didn't have any other symptoms and my PS poked around and said it was probably just from the muscles being tightened up, and that I was just now feeling it because I just recently stopped taking pain meds during the day.

He said to give it a couple of days and if I was still worried about it to get with my RNY surgeon and have him check it out.

And, of course - because I asked on here and asked him about it - it has been alot better today without doing anything about it.. LOL

I'll see how it goes over the weekend and decide on Monday if I need to get seen about it.
RNY - 12/10/2008    Dr. Terive Duperier of BMI of Texas
Lower Body Lift / Breast Lift - 07/20/2011  
Dr Peter Fisher of San Antonio Plastic Surgery Center

Most Active