TT Friday...sooo Nervous!!

Jane G.
on 8/21/11 9:09 am - New Windsor, NY
Hi all!  My panniculectomy and abdominalplasty is scheduled for Friday.  I am pretty nervous.  I do think I am pretty prepared with what I will need to recuperate, so now my mind is wandering and my nerves are getting the best of me.  I guess I am afraid of the recuperation pain.. and perhaps long recovery.  I am 53 and in pretty decent shape, considering I am OLD...lol.  I have had about 8 major surgeries in my lifetime... but I was younger then... my RNY was at age 49.  I consider myself a survivor... independent, and young in spirit, BUT I can't help feeling scared, and I don't know what to do to get past this feeling.  Did I mention I'm nervous???

... lol

Jane

Jane

Jane Ganly 

mkbeany
on 8/21/11 9:27 am
Right there with you. I am scheduled for 7 am tomorrow.

I am currently pacing around my house.

I made my list...checked it twice...
I shopped. I cooked.

I am feeling confident and at peace with my decision.

I am busy getting my little girl ready for her first day of school...also tomorrow.
I will soon kiss her goodnight and will not see her again until this is all over as I am first case tomoorw and will leave here at 0520.

I think I am more concerned with her right now.

Probably a good thing.

Good luck on your journey!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Jane G.
on 8/21/11 10:07 am - New Windsor, NY
Ohhh WOW!!!!!!  GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!!!!! Please post when you are up to it... I will want details! lol
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! 
Jane

Jane Ganly 

Bertrand765
on 8/21/11 10:36 am
Jane,
I think is sooo normal to be nervous! I remember my night before, I never thought I'd get to sleep. I have had a lot of surgeries too, and was so scared about my TT. Out of all of them, for some reason that one made me the most nervous. But I promise it is not NEAR as bad as we work it up to be.

I'm six weeks out now, the recovery has been much easier than I even thought it would be. Remember to baby yourself and get lots of rest. Take your pain meds every four to six hours on the dot. The first week I really had no appetite, so keep your protein level up with shakes. You'll do great. Next thing you'll know you'll be on the message board saying how great you feel!

Best of luck and happy healing. Please let us know how it goes!
Elle

Jane G.
on 8/21/11 11:26 am - New Windsor, NY
Thank you soo much!!!  I've got my protein powder out on the table already...and I have told my daughter...she will be staying with me for the first few days... that she must make sure I get at least 2 protein shakes in a day!! 
And thank you for the positive thoughts... I will probably be reading all these great, positive, encouraging responses daily til Friday!
I'll keep ya posted!!!!     lol

Jane

Jane Ganly 

Lee ~
on 8/21/11 11:27 am - CA
Good luck!  Wishing you the perfect surgery and recovery!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jane G.
on 8/22/11 6:56 am - New Windsor, NY
Thank you Lee for the Good Luck and Good wishes !!!!!!!! 
Jane

Jane Ganly 

philliesphan
on 8/21/11 11:59 am
Hi Jane - Early recovery person here! It's been 5 days since TT/LBL and I'm not gonna lie... for me it was painful BUT...  nothing that meds can't handle.  I basically followed advise on this forum to take the meds by the clock as perscribed and believe you me I have done that and will contnue as long as necessary.  I felt a little better each day and today is by far the best - but still have a ways to go. 

I was super-nervous the week before.  Then at 3 days it turned to excitement.  Keeping busy is very helpful.  I made chicken soup and froze it and boy am I glad I did that. Listening to relaxation CDs was also helpful. I don't do meditation on a regular basis but do when I'm desperate  -like when I quit smoking.  There are also free mp3 downloads on amazon.  Some of mine are 5 minutes, some 20 and some an hour.  They work wonders!

BTW I'm 50, moderately active and probably the best medical and physical shape of my life - and you will be too!  I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear how it goes

--Carolyn 

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Jane G.
on 8/22/11 7:06 am - New Windsor, NY
Glad to hear you feel a little better every day!! Inspiring ...woohoooo!! I am almost...not quite tho beginning to feel a tingle of excitement...  I keep telling myself that this is the perfect time for me to do this.  I just got a promotion (not starting the position til Oct 9th - their choice! Works for me!!), want to start looking for a house, my daughter (who will be caring for me as I usually live alone) is off from work til I am a weekout from surgery, holidays around the corner... this is a PERFECT time for me... ANd how I will regret chickening out,  and may never have all the stars lined up right to do this in the future!! I'm just starting to breathe... I was filled with questions and fear this weekend... all the responses I have gotten have MOST DEFINETLY HELPED!!!!!!!!!!!!  Starting to breathe.....
Jane

Jane Ganly 

philliesphan
on 8/23/11 5:49 am
This IS the PERFECT time !!!  What's your mood today ?!?!

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Most Active