UUUGGGHHHHH.....SWELLING

Kfreeman4
on 8/22/11 2:22 pm
--Day 14 and 19 pics on profile--

***HELP***
OMG...so this swelling that has been taking place since about day 14 is REALLY weird. Its been a couple of nights were it felt like I didnt even have the panniculectomy. I know and understand that the swelling can last between 3 months to a year...but does anyone know of any ways to reduce the swelling majorly..the night time is when its super bad...like wanting to take off the binder..but without it I feel loose and sloppy. Any help/advice for "little pig in a blanket"-ME

K.Free
Purpose over Process

philliesphan
on 8/23/11 1:49 am
I'm only a week out but have you tried ice-bags?  It's not a cure-all but feels very soothing and brings down the swelling - both front and back.  Good luck! Carolyn

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Crazeru
on 8/23/11 4:24 am
Are you careful about your salt intake?  Keeping your garment on will help, ice may help too.  Mine was always worst at night too.  If I didn'****ch what I ate, I'd bloat up where I swear I'd float away.

If you get to the point where you are really concerned, give your PS a call, or email him pics or both.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

wings
on 8/23/11 4:59 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Chris you crack me up, you have a beautiful face and I bet your having so much fun.  I wish I felt like dancing lol. 

Heck I hope I am healed enough to go on horse trail ride in October.  We will see.

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Crazeru
on 8/23/11 6:16 pm
Hey Carla!
Dr Sauceda did a great job on my face and my body.  I didn't start dancing until late April - 3+mo out.  I definitely don't feel my age, except when I haven't slept the night before due to insomina...  look it's 112am and I'm still up on the computer and have to be at work at 10am.  I'm off to bed! 

You should be fine by Oct!  I think 3 mo out was my turning point.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

wings
on 8/23/11 4:57 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Ok, first set in recliner with feet up and relax, second make sure your are taking your pain meds for comfort.  Three, drink lots of decaff fluids.  four, increase your protein intake (I do 4 40 gram shakes per day),  Five, stay away from salt.  Six, walk and don't worry about standing up straight as an arrow, just walk some like 10-15 min 2-3 times a day.  Seven, ice packs are very good idea especially at night.  Eight, reposition your binder, I found that the tightness helped with my pain and sometimes I just needed to lay on the bed and open it completely for a break.  Nine, gently rub in circuler motion over top the binder to increase blood flow but do not do it if it hurts.  Ten, post often to ask any questions you need help with we are all here for you.

These are the rules I have been following and it is working for me.  Of course we are all different but this is what helped me. 

Good luck hun.
Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Bertrand765
on 8/23/11 9:51 am
Six weeks out here and STILL SWOLLEN too! Every night I lay on the couch with frozen veggies in my pants and am still wearing my binder 24-7. Trust me the veggies work! It helps the swelling and decreases my pain.

Hope your feeling better soon! In the end all will be worth it.
Elle

JodiLee1
on 8/23/11 10:47 am
I like the post about frozen veggies in the pants.  Pretty funny!  I swell every night too.  I've been wearing support garments since week 2. I would wake up around 3am every night because the garment was soooo tight.  I would rip the garment off but then wake up sore and swollen. 
I found if I tucked a washcloth at the top of my garment at night, I could tolerate it being on. This week I haven't had to do that.  I'm swollen too.  I was way smaller before I went back to work. I can't wait till the swelling is over.  I feel like a sausage too.  I think I must be smaller though or my garments are stretched out.  They seem not as tight.  This week I decided to put two different garments on at once for more support.  I think I need some smaller ones now.
Jodi

Most Active