Physical Job am I ready for PS?

Southernsleever
on 8/22/11 2:56 pm
 Hi everyone! I'm reaching my year in a little over a month and I have 23 lbs to go till goal. I have a couple questions for you vets on this board. 

I eventually want to get a breastlift but first and foremost a TT/pan removal. My belly is so bad that none of my pants fit me tight enough because I have so much skin/fat still in my belly area. I believe that I could get ins to pay for panni removal however I have no extra income right now. To supplement my hubby's job I am cleaning houses 3x a week. I also care for and homeschool a 4 and 7 year old. Our insurance (1000 dollars) deductible has almost been met for this year but resets with the new year.

I have 25 lbs to lose should I wait for those to come off before even making an apointment with a PS?

If insurance covers the panni removal about how much is it to make it into a full TT and will they bill you for the extra?

How long until you could go back to physical work? I do a lot of bending and twisting (picking up, sweeping, mopping, balancing over bathtubs). 

Thank you in advance for replying

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Bertrand765
on 8/23/11 9:46 am
I'm six weeks out post TT/Lipo/Panni/Muscle tightening/BA/Lipo of "side boobs" and my breast lift done back in April before my other plastics.

My Panni was the only thing insurance would even consider paying. They are still pending and haven't come threw yet on payment. I had to pay the full cost of my surgery up front and be paid in full two weeks before my surgery date. Even the Panni I had to pay for in advance and it will be refunded to me if the insurance ends up covering it. The Cost of my TT was $7000 and breast with lift included came to over 20,000. My plastic surgeon did not offer any type of "billing" I had to pay in full prior to surgery. I was a full cash paying patient. No loans, no help...just hard work and a lot of overtime on my husbands part. Not sure if other surgeons might offer you some type of payments? Is getting a loan a possibility for you?

I started going on consults at my one year mark. I met with a lot of surgeons and knew I would be very picky. By the time I actually had my first surgery I was a year and a half out. That few months gave me time to tweak my weight, get right where I wanted to be and keep it there. I think its a great idea to start looking into plastics. This will give you time to find someone you really trust and got input. Also compare cost.

I went back to work after three weeks but I have a desk job at a dental office. It was too soon for me to go back, and ended up only working four hours a day four days a week for the next two weeks. At six weeks out now I am feeling more like me. I still get sore at the end of the day and have a bit of swelling. I think a real physical job would be hard to return to until six or seven possibly eight weeks out. Remember you'll be on a weight restriction (no more than five pounds for me) and limited bending. Make sure you talk with your surgeon about your job so they can help you determine when it would be safe for you to return to your job.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes on your search for a plastic surgeon. I'd love to know what you decide! Best of luck!!!
Elle

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 12:19 pm - WI
I had a TT, brachio, and thigh lift. I deliver for FedEx and returned to work a little less than 5 weeks out, with a helper for the heavy pkgs. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks and I've been chomping at the bit to up my lifting. I talked to my doc today and he said after tomorrow no more restrictions. When I reach out with my arms I do feel some tightness and my stomach feels "weird" when I bend but doesn't hurt. Everyone heals differently and your job will require lots of bending and reaching, so I would say plan for 8 weeks off to be safe. Some people say they are quite worn out for a couple months by the end of the day, but that seems to vary - I feel fine at end of day, but at the end of the week I do feel drained (don't we all!!??).
Southernsleever
on 8/25/11 3:29 am
 Thanks for the replies. I'm going to work on getting to goal and building up some muscles. The more I lose the worse my arms look too. I'd love to have a LBL and BA/lift but insurnace would really have to help out a lot. 

Loans are out of the question. I took out a loan for my VSG that I'm still paying on and will be for the next 3 years = / 

I believe I'm going to go ahead and start consults. Their aren't many surgeons in this area much less those who have delt with WLS patients. Do they have books at their office of ALL their work? I'd like to see the before/afters of all of them, even the ones that didn't turn out great.

One other thing. I would love to do belly dancing and so I dont want my scars showing. I see some photos where the scars are high and then I hear about ancor cut which I haven't even seen pics of. How and why are these different?

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Most Active