Update - 4 weeks out
* My last drain was removed on Monday.
* My leg incisions look great
* My arms (surgery in early July) - look WONDERFUL. I seem to have some swelling in the elbow area, which causes pain in the tendons at my wrist. I am no longer wearing the compression garments at all and it seems to actually have helped my wrist.
* My stomach is no longer read and infected.
* The stoma*****ision is "healing" The PS cut away some of the "proud flesh" to promote new healing.
* My stomach drainage is mainly blood at this point an not think.
This seems to be getting better, except the pain and discomfort. I have a fairly constant burning along the stoma*****ision line. So I am still taking pain meds on a pretty regular basis.
Hope all of you are doing well!! We had an earthquake yesterday, so we had to evacuate school and the start of school was delayed today and noone is allowed in the building. We all have stacks of papers to copy and many still have piles all over our rooms. I am thankful for the day of not being able to do anything as I needed a day of rest! (I went to bed at 5 last night and didn't get up until after 9 this morning!)
It seems like each week is new. I am 4.5 weeks out and I am starting to feel like myself again.
I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within." - Ramona L. Anderson
So happy to hear things are looking up!!! WHere were you at that you felt earth quake? My son lives and works in DC. But he wasn't there, he works for the agriculture Dept. and they had him on a field trip in N.Virginia in George Washington National Forest! faked him othut, where to in the midst of all those trees!!!???!!!
Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE BYE 130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU! Time for a Head adjustment! **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift
Exercise is not a LUXURY!
Exercise is a NECESSITY