Tummy tuck revision with GROSS pictures!

jtsmom02
on 8/26/11 11:11 pm, edited 8/26/11 11:31 pm - Mineola, TX
Well, I think they are cool pictures but I wanted to give anyone with a weak stomach fair warning.  I had my tummy tuck revision yesterday and it went great, although I haven't really looked at my new stomach.  I was awake, it was done in about an hour, and I walked out feeling GREAT!  Now, about 8:30 last night all the local wore off and the pain began, but of course, it's not near as bad as the original surgery. 

I'm happy I did it and the nurse said I'd be very happy too.  (I was going to wait unitl my next surgery, probably next year.)  I posted some pictures of what they removed.  I wish I could have seen what they removed the first time!!! 

Thanks for all the well wishes!  I love this board!  Give me a few days to post new pictures - I'm all taped up again, and of course, swollen. 

PS - I tried to put the pictures in this message but couldn't figure out how... how do you do that?  lol! 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

pixielee
on 8/26/11 11:40 pm - Twinsburg, OH
WOW!!!  Did they tell you how much they took off?  Hope you feel better!

Kate

jtsmom02
on 8/27/11 12:20 am - Mineola, TX
Kate - the first time?  5 pounds of skin and fat.  I would have LOVED to have seen that!  We didn't weigh this, at least not when I was there. 

Thanks!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY

prek-3
on 8/27/11 12:52 am - Hollywood, FL
WOW amazing!!!!! I can not wait to see your NEW results! So glad you are feeling good.

Will this require more down time? I expect it would, but, what is Dr. saying about this? Also refresh my memory, when was the original procedure done ?

Rest up, protien it up!!!!!

Carmen Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

jtsmom02
on 8/27/11 10:38 pm - Mineola, TX
I feel pretty good and I'm planning to go back to work tomorrow.  There was no muscle work so it's all just skin deep.  He gave me some pain pills and this morning I don't even feel like I need one, so far! 

My original surgery was 5/13. 

I'm swollen but will take some new pics when the tape comes off.  Thanks!!!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY

Sweetitalian1
on 8/27/11 1:13 am - CA
I was looking at your post sx pics and you look great.  Why did you need a revision?

jtsmom02
on 8/27/11 10:41 pm - Mineola, TX
My upper abdomen was 'fat' again.  In fact, when I sat down, I had the big roll of fat hanging over my now flat lower abdomen.  The surgeon calls it  'recruitment' and says it's common in weight loss patients.  We have a lot of extra skin and tissue and our bodies sometime 'recruit' tissue from other areas to fill in what was removed.  Only one person on this board answered me that they had any similiar happen to them. 

Fortunately, my surgeon fixes it at no additional cost.  FYI, he says it's common with the arms too. 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY

Laz22girl
on 8/27/11 2:01 am
Wow! That is a lot of stuff!

Lee ~
on 8/27/11 2:23 am - CA
I think your pictures before this revision looked awesome.  I can't wait to see the new results.  May I ask why you felt the need to do more?  You're going to look incredible!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

jtsmom02
on 8/27/11 10:45 pm - Mineola, TX
Thanks!  The doctor actually suggested it.  I was going to wait until my next surgery (thighs and butt, next year) but he said he could fix it quickly in his office.  As time went on, it seemed to get worse so I decided to do it.  Explanation follows:

I'm reposting this answer from above:

My upper abdomen was 'fat' again. In fact, when I sat down, I had the big roll of fat hanging over my now flat lower abdomen. The surgeon calls it 'recruitment' and says it's common in weight loss patients. We have a lot of extra skin and tissue and our bodies sometime 'recruit' tissue from other areas to fill in what was removed. Only one person on this board answered me that they had any similiar happen to them.

Fortunately, my surgeon fixes it at no additional cost. FYI, he says it's common with the arms too.

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY

Most Active