Tummy Tuck Pre-op is behind me!!

fatoldbat
on 8/30/11 9:56 pm
well.....had my tummy tuck pre-op appointment yesterday.  it was a very informative appointment.  my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday....PS's office will call me friday to let me know what time to come in.  got a handful of scripts.....pain meds, muscle relaxers, antibiotics, nausea meds (pills, suppositories, and patches that go behind my ear) which i'll have filled today.  had to go get the ugly white knee socks (the $31.99 wouldn't have been quite as bad if they were cute socks) to take with me tuesday morning.

i was surprised to learn that i won't have a binder for the first few days.  they gave a pretty lengthy explanation about blood flow or something but did say that when i start wearing the binder, he wants me to wear it for 6-8 weeks.

also....was told to wear button up shirts....oh my gosh!!  my p.j.'s and loungewear consists of the tshirt type sleep pants with the matching tshirts!  it's supposed to make it easier for the drains!  i've got lots of button up shirts.....but they're certainly not going to be comfy while i recover!  i did find 1 or 2 that might be acceptable....i'm thinking i'd wear those to the dr appointments and do the tshirts/sleep shirts at home.....but....don't tell anybody!

they also said they will send the machine home with me that inflates the things around your legs.  these things velcro around your legs and it will inflate/deflate......this should really accentuate the ugly white support socks.....and when you factor in the no make up....no hair spray(my hair is very short and if i don't style it...well....it lays flat and i look like a boy!).....i'm going to really be a sight to behold!!!

i asked about bandages.....for the first week or so the dr's office will be the ones to change bandages....and they said that as soon as possible it would be better to go without bandages all together....the "let it get air" thing.  not sure how the binder would feel against the incision even if i wear a tank top under the binder......i mentioned the maxi pad idea....they said using maxipads for lyposuction is awesome....but they definately don't want it for tummy tuck....

they said absolutely no sweeping/mopping/vacuuming for minimum of 6 weeks....wow....gotta hate that one!

just wanted to give an update!  WOOHOO!!  6 days to go!!!!  WOOHOO (i think)

blessings to all!

jenni
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
philliesphan
on 8/30/11 10:23 pm
WOO HOO !!!  How very exciting !!!! 
Now go out and fill those scripts - you're going to need them

--Carolyn

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

J G.
on 8/31/11 3:55 pm

Wow Jenni, seems like they are really keeping you busy just buying all this stuff.  LOL  What are the patches behind the ears and suppositories for?  Nausea?  And you get to do the leg things, too.  Lucky you.  Hadn't thought about the possibility of doing those again.  What joy.  I'd definitely go with the button-front PJ's because your not going to want to use the muscles to get a T-shirt on and off.

crossing my fingers for ya, Jenny

fatoldbat
on 9/1/11 12:11 am

the patches and suppositories are for nausea....they just want to make sure i get the quickest possible relief if it happens.  seems that they're crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's and that makes me feel good about it.  i forgot to ask how long i'll have that leg thing.....any idea?  when i had my WLS it was just while i was in the hospital overnight.....

thanks bunches for the crossed fingers!  getting real excited!!

Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active