at my 1st clinic apptmy after release from hospital

godzilla
on 9/1/11 6:32 pm - Israel
Hey all,
Yesterday I was at the hospital clinic (three hours bus travel to get there).
My TT was 8/08/11 and I was in hospital until 24/08/11 (the "public hospitals in Israel often keep you in until all drains are out). Also my TT is a T-cut due to previous WLS before laparospy was done in Israel.
My surgeon examined me - not a student, resident, nurse - for all the treatment.
I had a SLOUGH wound at the T-connection which he opened and treated with Aquagel and to return to the clinic in a week. I am to have another 3 weeks "sick leave" (not that I am working at present), and to continue wearing the binder for 6 more weeks to protect and aid in healing wound.
I am trying to go out for a walk every day but even walking for me is a "foreign" concept as that is "exercise" ; however, once I am out, I do not mind to walk but I do not go "walking". I need a reason to go out - as in to visit a friend if possible.
But my tummy is FLAT  from below the ribcage and even though my BMI is still not "normal" (152cm/79K), I look so much better than before!
Mikimi in Israe
l
fatfreemama
on 9/2/11 4:56 am - San Jose, CA
Hi Mikimi,
So glad everything is going so well. You must be loving your flat tummy. I have no idea what that would be like, but I guess I'll find out in a month or so. I don't think I'll ever have a norman BMI, but I don't trust them anyway. My coworker is 5'2", weighs all of 112, wears a size 2 and her BMI says she's overweight. I also think our bones are heavier from carrying all that extra weight around for years.

Are you buying a snazzy tight new dress for the High Holidays? I'd bet you'd rock in it!

Continue to heal. Good luck to you!
Shabbot Shalom!
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

godzilla
on 9/3/11 2:34 am - Israel
I will be healing for some time with this wound. As for clothes...I dream of new clothes however flat tummy does not make fat pulkies (thighs) and tush disappear.

Most Active