Two weeks post medial thigh lift.

fatfreemama
on 9/5/11 7:45 am - San Jose, CA
Hi Karen,
Glad you are doing so much better. I'm saving all your lists and info for my thigh lift. Love your idea on how to pee. I peed into a big (16) ounce cup for 24 hours the last time I had to do a 24 hour urine test. Should be similar.

Take care and keep your feet up. Hope you get better each day.
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

trish17395
on 9/5/11 8:43 am
I was concerned about keeping the incisions for my spiral thigh lift clean and dry, too. I had a toilet seat riser but I also bought a Freshette, which is a funnel and tube thing that allows women to pee standing up. Makes it much easier to keep things clean and dry. It is available at Amazon and sports places like REI.
karen C.
on 9/5/11 11:08 am - Kennewick, WA
I had no idea there was any such thing! I'll remember if there ever is a "next time."

Karen C

mrwindt
on 9/5/11 9:44 am - Stratford, CT
I have to agree with you - the thighs are a very difficult recuperation! I had a TT/BL in May. No problems with recuperation. Only took pain pills for a couple of days. I had a thigh lift on August 22nd and I am still in agony!!! The drains were removed at 1 week. But I am still "draining" from the incisions. The worst part is that I have a major "gap" on one thigh, from the groin for about 4 inches. The surgeon says it will heal itselt - with saline soaked gauze packing, etc. BUT - it hurts terribly. And I find it hard to believe that it will heal. It's really disgusting to look at. I'm still wrapping both thighs with ace bandages and wearing either bike shorts or "spanx type" compression garments. (And have spent a fortune on gauze and bandages.) But I am constantly having problems keeping the dressings dry. And I am still on pain meds - 2 weeks out. I have another follow-up in a week, but plan to call the doctor this week - just to make sure things are OK. While I would do it again - and feel that the end result is worth it - I must say this is a terrible recuperation that I never expected to feel this awful for so long. I'll be curious to hear how you're doing. Wishing us both well!
karen C.
on 9/5/11 11:20 am - Kennewick, WA

So far my incisions seem to be healing pretty well. No gaps. I haven't been wrapping in ace bandages. I do have a couple of pairs of soft cotton knee length shorts not quite biker shorts but they make it more comfortable. I wonder if I should be using the ace bandages also. Nothing was said about them. I have a Spanx but haven't wanted to pull it up over the incisions.

I'm still on pain meds too. However I am down to 1 pill (from 3) and 1 extra strength Tylenol about every 6 hours now .

Got out and about for a couple of hours today and I was ready to come home and put my feet up. Are your legs badly swollen? My legs are retaining a lot of fluid from hips to toes. I guess about 13 pounds as I weigh 4 pounds more than when I entered the hospital and they look off 8 lbs of fat and skin.

Hoping you get better soon too. Keep your eye on the prize .It WILL be worth it.

Karen C

karen C.
on 9/5/11 5:51 pm - Kennewick, WA

On one side of  my hip after the lower body lift I had an area about the size of a silver dollar that didn't heal properly. The doctor had to "make it bigger to make it better" (his term),  He cleaned it out and I was left with a silver dollar sized HOLE about 1 inch deep (no exaggeration) that had to be pack with a seaweed gauzy tissue for several months. It heal but it was a slow process. I still have a visible scar there on my outer hip but it is totally healed and they didn't stitch anything. But it was so much easier to keep clean and dry on the outer hip than the inner thigh.

Also after reading your posts I got out two ace bandages and wrapped them not too tightly around my thighs. I does make them feel a bit better.

Did you read the post on this thread about something called a "Freshette"? I never heard of it; sure wish I had. The poster said it was a device that would help a female pee standing up. My upside down water bottle worked pretty well. I'm not able to sit without too much discomfort so homefully I'm past that stage.

I sent digital photos to my doctor with the previous surgery as he was in Seattle also and I'm 200 miles from there.

Hoping today finds you a bit better.

Karen C

pixielee
on 9/6/11 12:48 am - Twinsburg, OH
This is a pretty commom device. Here is the link to Amazon where it is mentioned.  Many other similar devices on amazon at many different prices.

http://www.amazon.com/Freshette-by/dp/B0000E5NJ1/ref=pd_sim_ sg_5

Continued success in your recovery.

Kate

karen C.
on 9/6/11 1:10 am - Kennewick, WA

Thanks Kate, Perhaps this info will help those getting ready to have this surgery. I am now thankfully able to sit completely down on the toilet. Man oh man do  I ever "re" appreciate the things that I take so for granted!

Karen C

Cynthia L.
on 9/6/11 11:40 pm - Clarence, NY
I'm glad I clicked the link.  I'm looking into plastics and reading the archives here.  This made me smile.

Added bonus, NOW I can go camping!

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

karen C.
on 9/6/11 11:53 pm - Kennewick, WA
I thought the same thing. However, I did manage to squat and pee a couple of years ago. Had to go really bad and prior to losing 180 lbs would not have even thought of trying. I did it and with a smile on my face! Probaby TMI!

Karen C

Most Active