Two weeks post medial thigh lift.

newalpha
on 9/5/11 10:40 am
Karen, thanks for your post. Straight forward information I believe is the best way to prepare and weigh ones options. I am planing on having a LBL and a croissant cut medial thigh lift that I believe will only run apx. 4- 5 inches vertically from the groin. Can you or anyone comment on the difference between the 2 thigh lifts and recovery time. I hope you improve greatly with every passing day. Thanks again.

Steve
karen C.
on 9/5/11 11:12 am, edited 9/5/11 5:54 pm - Kennewick, WA
Hi Steve, I don't know now anything about the different kinds of thigh lifts. I needed the medial inner thigh lift  because of the amount of loose baggy skin. I am getting better each day. Thanks for the best wishes.

Karen C

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/5/11 5:00 pm
Steve,  One is considered a "small or mini" thigh lift - the other is the "full or extended" thigh lift.  The one you are having is the small one.  They will take care of that excess skin in the upper inner thigh area.  The full lift has an incision that runs down in the groin area the same as yours and then extends down the leg to below the knee.  Everything is tucked at the groin and then the thigh excess is brought over to the medial portion of each thigh.   The scars and complications related to the full lift scar a lot of people from getting it done, but the results can be amazing!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Lee ~
on 9/5/11 2:32 pm - CA
Karen, thank you for sharing everything that you've learned and experienced.  I hope that you wake up feeling stronger, with less pain tomorrow and the next and next day after that.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

karen C.
on 9/5/11 4:02 pm - Kennewick, WA
Thanks for the good wishes. I think that all in all I am having a "typical" or maybe even a "better than typical" recovery. It's just the incision locations that make it so uncomfortabel. I''m trying to cut back on pain pills, but will take them to take the edge off for another week or so.

Karen C

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/5/11 4:51 pm, edited 9/5/11 4:52 am
Bless your heart! You're so sweet!

I have to say that after my Facelift, my thigh lift was the most painful! My LBL was nothing - virtually painfree and if I hadn't seen my scar from my Anchor Cut TT, I would have never known it was even done!

Thighs were horrible! If I slept too long and didn't take my percocets on time, I cried. I had lipo done too and that hurt like my legs were on fire.

Good thing is, the pain does go away and things get better! I have to say, however, if I didn't have my compression garment, I wouldn't have made it. I wore it 24/7 for 8 weeks and now all day and only off at night. Dr's recommendation was 24/7 for 8 weeks. It cuts down on my swelling AND it keeps my incisions from rubbing and keeps them together. I am very attached to it.

I am just over 3 months post op and I love my results. My thighs look amazing! And before my thigh lift, I had a "panni" like excess of flesh hanging over each knee!

My right thigh drain stayed in 8 weeks and that was a bother, but all in all it was a fine experience! I am going back for more work on my thighs at the end of the year when I get my upper body lift and my breasts done.

Hang in there! You're doing well! Don't worry about your weight, you will swell a lot. That's normal.

Your little "pee device" reminds me of mine. I took a paper cup and cut the bottom out and used it like a funnel - that way my garment and gauze didn't get wet!

The things we do...

karen C.
on 9/6/11 1:16 am - Kennewick, WA

I have a spanx like garment that I haven't had the courage to pull on yet. What kind of garment do you wear and where did you get it? I've been wearing a pair of soft cotton knee length biker like shorts but they don't compress. They do make it feel better. Can't stand for those incisions to touch each other.

Today at exactly 2 weeks post op I feel like a million bucks compared to post surgery. I'm taking one hydrocodone every 6 hours and 1 extra strength Tylenol. Managed to poop (TMI but I know you understand), shower, and dress all by myself this morning and it's just 8:15am.

Things are looking up!

Karen C

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/7/11 6:01 pm
I totally know how you feel.  In the first weeks, just taking my garment off to shower was torture to me.  My legs swelled and they would rub and it was very painful.  I bought my garments from www.designveronique.com  (Dr Sauceda gave me 2 and I bought 2 more)  and then now I am wearing the full body (to the ankles) garments from www.marenagroup.com  They are expensive, but very much worth it.  The comfort is amazing!  I have the ones that zip up the side so that you can get in them easier.  Marenagroup is cheaper than Designveronique and they offer a little less compression which makes them perfect for everyday use.  I called my order into Marena and asked for a discount, which she happily gave me.   I think it was 10 or 15%, I can't remember. 

I am working my 7th - 12 hr shift in a row, the swelling is bad, but not as bad as it would be if I wasn't wearing my garment.  It makes life easier.

I'm glad you're feeling better!  Each day does get better.

newalpha
on 9/6/11 8:56 am
"I Am With The Band", thanks for the clarification on the 2 thigh lifts, it sounds like the "mini" has a much shorter recovery time and less complications. Karen I'm sorry for hijacking your post, please forgive me...
karen C.
on 9/6/11 10:25 am - Kennewick, WA
Steve, I learned a lot too. If the "mini" had been a possibility with good results that would be my option too. Being female having two "testicle" like blobs of flabby skin on each upper thigh was not something I wanted to live with. I also had baggy skin around the knees. Best wishes to you.

Karen C

Most Active