binder

antonietta23
on 9/4/11 11:05 pm - Holbrook, MA
 I was wondering at what week did you lose the binder from a lbl.  I am almost at 6 weeks post op and i do not have an appointment with doctor, till 8 weeks, i am not going to take the binder off, I was just wondering when you removed it. The swelling is getting much better.  I am finding it makes me so hot, its was not till a day or two ago that I cannot wait to be free.  I am still getting a bit tired was wondering when that passed. I do not know if I am babying myself .  For me I hated the recovery,it was not the pain because that really was not bad it was the discomfort.  I have to say my stomach is starting to feel normal..Also when did you resume execise, I miss my exercise bike.  Thanks guys for all the support.
Laura in Texas
on 9/4/11 11:19 pm
I can't remember exactly, but I think at 6 weeks I was told I could use spanx-type shapewear instead of the binder. I was told I could do the exercise bike pretty early out- 3-4 weeks, I think, but then my wound split opened and I waited. I'm 10 weeks out and am about back to normal as far as energy goes. And my swelling comes and goes now.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mkbeany
on 9/5/11 1:04 am
My surgeon is not fussy about the binder. He told me to take breaks for comfort PRN.
He is much more concerned with blood flow to the area so he is not much for compression.

He let me use a regular abd binder because I complained about needing some support.

At six weeks, he told me I can to switch to a Spanx type garment.

Call your surgeon's office and ask. They all have different protocols.

I am two weeks out today. I have started walking. I don't think I could do much more as my stamina is pretty poor still.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Most Active