New to board.....BL today

newmeki
on 9/5/11 4:44 am - Saudi Arabia
Hello all,
I am new to this forum but have been on the VSG forum for a long time. I had my VSG November last year and had my breast lift yesterday. I am so happy with it though I am a bit swollen and there is a small amount of pain. I am hoping to have tummy tuck and augmentation about six months from now. I am so excited.  Another part of my journey copleted.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

philliesphan
on 9/5/11 5:04 am, edited 9/5/11 5:16 am
YAY !!! One down (or should I say 2 UP lol.. ) Did you have to stay in the hospital for your BL? BL is next for me but just had TT/LBL so not anytime soon. Happy healing and keep posting! --Carolyn

PS - I just saw that you're from Saudi Arabia , cool!

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

newmeki
on 9/5/11 5:46 am - Saudi Arabia
Hi, I only stayed overnight and then home this afternoon. Kind of swollen and strting to brusie, but only on one side which is weird. (it could be normal, not sure) Looking forward to my TT and augmentation in six months.

Lee ~
on 9/5/11 2:22 pm - CA
I'm glad you sound so good.  If you're already looking forward to your TT, it can't be all bad.  :)

Did you have your plastics done in Saudi Arabia?  Do you have fantastic health coverage there? 

Welcome to the board!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

newmeki
on 9/5/11 5:45 pm - Saudi Arabia
Hi Lee,
I am looking forward to to the tummy tuck or at least to getting all things done.. I woke this morning feeling a bit rough but every day cannot be a great day after surgery, right? Anyway, the day is just beginning. Well I guess it is still very early morning there.
Yes I did have my plastics here. I had considered going back to Mexico where I had my VGS done and also going to Lebanon where there are really great plastics docs but in the end, I went to one of the docs here that has done alot of my friends and I am really glad that I did. He is very forthright and did not make any false promises. he is a Saudi physician and really a great guy.
All standard health care is free here. As an employee of the hospital I could have had my sleeve done here for free but I decided to just do it as a self pay in MX. The plastics was definitely a self pay but no where near as expensive as it would have been in the States. Many people from the States and Canada also go to the Philipines for plastics but I really like the doc here.He will also do my TT and augmentation.
I think I did too much when I got back to my flat yesterday so today is going to be a lazy day

Lee ~
on 9/5/11 11:20 pm - CA
If prices were comparable, I would definitely have my plastics done locally, but the price difference is outrageous.  I'm glad you're getting great care.

Definitely be lazy today and don't overdo it again.  How much time are you taking off work?

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

TurtleShell
on 9/5/11 2:04 pm - WA
Congrats on your breast lift!
newmeki
on 9/5/11 5:46 pm - Saudi Arabia
Thanks

philliesphan
on 9/5/11 9:45 pm
The healthcare system in Saudi sounds amazing and that's great that you found your doc via word of mouth !!  Keep up the optiministic attitude and REST!  It's 7:45 am here in Philadelphia PA -what time is it there???

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

newmeki
on 9/5/11 9:55 pm - Saudi Arabia
We are seven hours ahead EST so it is almost 3pm here. I have done nothing but lie around all day which is very unusual for me. They are experimenting with insurance for Saudi nationals but expats do not pay for routine care. The sponsoring company takes care of all of that. It is funny here because there is really not a lot to do, especially in Riyadh, which is the strictest city in the country so taking care of ones self is very easy to do as we do not have family or very many responsibilites here. Life is very different here.

Most Active