Round 2 in 2 weeks--it crept up on me

RhondaRoo
on 9/11/11 6:37 am - OH
Goodness, just checked the calendar, and noticed my round 2 (and final) round of plastics is two weeks from tomorrow. I have not gotten ANYTHING ready outside of the H & P and blood work up.

On a good note, all blood work looks real good, including iron. Now the ump is on to up it enough not to go severe anemic again.

So, round 2: breast lift (no aug); vertical tummy tuck revision and medial thigh lift. I've been trying to find out what to do same and different from lbl I had last year. Looks like I need to find a good way to pee standing up. (hey, fellas! Wonder if my aim will be better than my boys?) lol

Will be filling pain med Rx this week. We are trying something different as the stuff last year really looped me and caused me to hallucinate, go crazy. I'll be double cooking the next two weeks and putting up the "boil in bag" dinners. Worked well last time, the seal-a-meal. I had hubby put a clean large pot of water on stove, then all I had to do was drop in meal and turn on stove---no weight lifting. HA! and this time I'm going to invest in paper plates, bowls, etc--so no dishes for a good month.

Gotta check the stash of stool softener, lax, protein drinks, tylenol. I know my place on the sofa, but will make sure it is rip-roaring and ready to go.

But, I am still looking for refresher advice & tips. Also, could you please share what your healing experience was (meaning, when were you able to drive and / or go back to light work. for me this is 3 to 5 hours of desk work, no lifting). I was only on Rx pain med for 4 days with the lbl and lipo last year. I was allowed to drive 24 hours after coming off it (didn't do it, but was allowed). The driving is more important this time round as we have kids in schools who cut busing. Sooner I can get them, the sooner life will be more sane.
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

waitinggame
on 9/11/11 8:31 am - Bowie, MD
Sounds to me like you are ready to roll. My surgery is Friday (LBL, BL with aug) and I'm about as ready as I'm going to be but for some last minute cleaning and cooking. Just finished up buying my RTD protein drinks, bandage stuff, protein bars, and a few other necessities. Now speaking of cooking, I must know about your boil in bags. You make these? I just posted asking about these dump crockpot recipes I was told about (put the ingredients in a gallon ziploc, freeze and just thaw and dump when you are ready for them). I am definitely interested in hearing about your idea.

Good luck with round 2. I'm only slightly terrified. Okay, totally terrified. I'm just so worried about how much pain will be involved. I'm hopeful when I hear of people only needing a few days of pain meds after the LBL. Hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

Thanks!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Kelly W.
on 9/11/11 8:49 am - WA
 Keep me posted on how you do...I will be doing the same thing in late oct or early nov....would love to know how it works for you!!!!
trish17395
on 9/11/11 9:29 am, edited 9/10/11 9:29 pm
A Freshette is a funnel/tube thing that lets women pee standing up. It is about $20 from Amazon or REI (or other sporting goods store). Also great for camping, hiking, etc. I used it during recovery from my LBL/spiral thigh lift and I think it made a difference in keeping the incisions clean, dry and infection free.

Trish
debtfree
on 9/12/11 5:13 am - OK
As usual Rhonda I am right behind you!!  Mine is in 3 weeks so I will be following your progress.  I'm doing upper body, girls yanked up and batwings clipped. 

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

Most Active