I'm home

proudmomof2
on 9/14/11 5:05 am - Eaton, OH
Had my TT, Pani, Breast lift and implants on Monday.  Everything went great.  Surgery was supposed to be at 9:30 but they were running a litte behind and didn't get started until around 11.  Sirgery was over areound 5:20.  My surgeon was so pleased with the outcome and so was I.  I got to come home yesterday and actually feel pretty good ~ just sore.  And my back hurts more than anything.  I have 2 drains in but the one I am hardly getting anything out of now, so hopefully that will come out at my follow up appointment on Wednesday! 

Only bad thing I had happen is I had a reaction to the pain meds.  One was morphine and the other was Dilandid.  I had severe itching to where I was crying.  It was worse than the pain. 

I am getting around pretty good and am surprised that the pain is not worse than what it is.  I pray that I continue to have a smooth recovery.  Thanks for all the well wishes, speedy recovery, and prayers ~ it obviously worked.
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
waitinggame
on 9/14/11 7:08 am - Bowie, MD
Look at you go!! Home and posting! So happy for you!! Morphine is the devil. Makes me sick as all hell. Way worse than the pain after my gastric bypass. I do tolerate Dilaudid, but all those narcotics can make you itch like crazy. My friend has to take Benadryl around the clock when on Morphine.

Anyway, I'm glad you are doing so well.

Possible snafu with my surgery Friday. I should know soon what is going on.

Take care!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Lee ~
on 9/14/11 10:37 am - CA
I'm so happy to read that you're home and doing so well.  Congratulations and take it easy!  I bet you're going to love your new body.  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

proudmomof2
on 9/15/11 12:16 am - Eaton, OH
I am actually surprised at how well I am feeling.  I am sore (naturally) and my back is killing me, but otherwise I feel pretty darn good.  Sleeping decent and getting around good.  The drains are going to be the death of me.  I have 2 and I hate them.  I can only hope and pray they come out at my post-op appt Wednesday.  Lets hope everything continues to go smooth.

Thanks!!!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Most Active