Menstrual Cycle different post Abdominoplasty

Amy Smith
on 9/18/11 1:33 pm
Ok, so I never thought this thru, but I guess now is the time.

I have never been one of those people with "fat pants" for that time of the month, but at 7 weeks post surgery I guess I am going to be one in the future.  I just started for the first time since surgery and am very MISERABLE!  I went to a meeting this afternoon in my compression garments and jeans and was taking pain meds the entire time.  My incision is burning again and putting out a fair amount of discharge (I still have an open incision that I am packing, but the discharge is much higher today - I am changing the dressing every few hours as it as gone through the packing strips and gauze on top.)  I couldn't get home quick enough to get rid of those jeans and compression garment.   I took a nap with no garment on and now have gone with the abdominal binder as it is the only thing adjustable enough right now.  

Has anyone else noticed that there "that time of the month" bloating is MUCH more noticable? 

I wonder what I am going to wear tomorrow so I am comfortable enough to move and hopefully abel to make it all day without pain meds.  (Although after how this evening is going I am not thinking too highly of that thought!)  Comfort here I come!
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 1:15 am

Sorry for your discomfort as being a guy I can only relate so much. But a couple years ago my doctor prescribed to me something called Tramadol. Depending on who you talk it is or is not a narcotic, my doctor loved the stuff prescribed it like crazy. Me, my dad and a couple people I work with have all taken it and not experienced any narcotic like side effects. Personally I loved the stuff, It seemed to be a good intermediate drug between tylenol and hydrocodone as if your pain was like a 3-6.

Obviously I AM NOT A DOCTOR with that being said maybe this is something you can get from your primary to help you get through the day so you don't have to take hydrocodone as be LOCO FOR CHOCO PUFFS!

Best of luck
Bubba

laurak712
on 9/19/11 4:49 am - New Braunfels, TX
Oh yes, for about 6 cycles post op I felt more bloated than usual, but it finally passed.  It just takes time so hang in there!  It gradually gets better and better.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active