tried posting last week--I came back to hopitak-necrotic open incision after TT

godzilla
on 9/21/11 4:10 am - Israel
8/08 released 24/08 and returned 12/09 after 2 clinic appointments(every Thursday) with very close daily follow-up care at my HMO but a body that defies normal medical healing!
I finally have access to a computer!
Had debridenent surgery last Wednesday in the hopes the incision could also be closed-but no such luck!
Packing and this past Monday a change of tactics-I was connected to a Wound VAC for 3 days-so tomorrow it will opened nd decisions will be made for furtjer health care. Another surgery to close the incision is still in the talkings.
My tummy is flat below the ribs and I await laying in bed runing my hands all over my belly enjoying its flatness....
Mikimi in Israel
Chana
on 9/21/11 4:12 am
Refuah shleimah!
fatfreemama
on 9/21/11 4:22 am - San Jose, CA
Praying it gets resolved soon and you can go out and enjoy your new flat tummy!

Hugs!
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Lizzy25
on 9/21/11 4:56 am
Oh my GOODNESS! That sounds like an absolute nightmare, I'm so sorry you're going through all of it. It sounds like you're not too down though, just have to keep going and put your chin up. Focus on the positives: you've lost a lot of weight, you've already got half a flat belly! I believe that, even in really hard times, we can control our level of suffering to a great degree, by directing our thoughts at all the things that are still good. I'm sending healing thoughts your way. Keep us updated on your progress!
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
godzilla
on 9/21/11 6:53 am - Israel
i amtrying to keep my spirits up. i live alone so being in hospital,hmmm,,a bed, 3 meals a day and ho****er! except for 3 days on Wound Vac so no showers-i mean, really, what kind of spa is this?! ya think after the docs take off the WV,they'll let me enjoy a nice shower?
with this laptop loaner and a coupl of visitors (actually 3 today), i am a happy camper for no. we'll see how i react 10 hours from now.
pixielee
on 9/21/11 6:21 am - Twinsburg, OH
I wondered where you had been.  So sorry for all you are going through.  I have seen the wound vac do amazing things. Hopefully it will be the same with you. 

Kate

godzilla
on 9/21/11 6:56 am - Israel
i usually have something after surgery,but this just really takes te cake!friends tease me that i should just consider a hospital as revolving doors just for me.
Amy Smith
on 9/22/11 12:18 am
Amen!  My friends at school think I am nuts to do an elective surgery when I have so many complications from other things! :-)  They really don't just understand.  I am glad you are getting good care! 
Keep smiling and make sure you are enjoying some extra nap time at the "spa"!
siberiancat
on 9/22/11 1:37 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
So sorry to hear about the necrosis.  I had necrosis from my TT and had to do irrigations & packing, etc.  Click on my avitar pic or my name and look at the picturess - they are gross - just a warning.

I did up my protein to 130gm during the healing time for my open wound.  I wore a tight compression garment until it closed.  It took 2 months to heal and it did have to heal from the inside-out.  The plastic surgeon could not close it.  It has left a wide red scar - but at my age, I'm not revealing my belly anyway.  My belly is flat and so tight.

Hope you get healing and back to "normal" as quick as possible.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

godzilla
on 9/22/11 4:59 am - Israel
I remember well your wound saga and the "lovely" pics.When I was first released from hospital,I was using silvercell and tielle,but the "hole" got bigger and deeper and the HMO nurse insisted on using polymem.
LaST Suonday we (nurse, gp and frind who helped me on friday+Saturday) that it looked like debridement was a given.
On Monday I travelled 3 hours by bus to the surgeon at the hospital. He "invited me to stay for a few days" - and here I am - a seemingly long-term "guest". a bed, 3 meals and sometimes, when not on a wound VAC, I can even enjoy the ho****er and shower!
BTW, after Doc rounds I am back on the wound VAC for another 3 days and re-evaluate afterward.
Most Active