Round 2 done

RhondaRoo
on 9/27/11 8:58 am - OH
Just had surgery yesterday. I had breast lift, fleur d lie tummy tuck, and medial thigh lift.

Last year I had lbl with lipo of saddlebags.

Surgery went fine; however I did experience some things I had not before. I ended up so naseous. That was scary cause I could stop the heaving to breath. They gave me extra doses of anti nausea med. It really helped when I got out of bed into the chair. It also took a bit more time than normal for the kidneys to start put out.

My hubby and friends say I look much better this time than last year. I believe that is the truth as well, but the legs hurt / burn. Not feeling too bad now, and I did come home with one JP Drain.

Doc said he took roughly 5 lbs, oh, and he had to cut more around the mons area. It is soooo swollen. I'll post a few days from now to state how progress has been.
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

Jujuvee
on 9/27/11 9:42 am
Glad to here that you are feeling good enough to post.

Question. Why the fleur d lie tummy tuck if you had a lbl last year. Aren't they closely related?

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

waitinggame
on 9/27/11 10:31 am - Bowie, MD
Very interested to know that as well.  Awesome you are felling well enough to post us!!

Hoping for your continued wellness!!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

RhondaRoo
on 9/27/11 5:48 pm - OH
Great question. With the lbl, they remove the skin around the radius. For most folks, that will tighten up the whole belly. In my case, there was too much loose skin above the belly button, so the vertical tummy tuck (Fleur d lei) will get rid of the muffing top, plus some from the "flanks", so it tightened up the upper back fat as well. The trade off is I will always have a vertical scar--but that is a trade off I can live with

debtfree
on 9/27/11 10:57 pm - OK
again - same with me.  I was left with a muffin top too and when I do my breast lift and arms the surgeon said he can pull the skin to the sides and that will greatly reduce it.  I hope so!!  You hate to spend so much money and be left with a roll.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

RhondaRoo
on 9/28/11 12:31 am - OH
Yes, agreed.

Hey, a reminder: don't forget the pillow for the recliner to put under your legs. And you may even want to place the pillow 1st in a trash bag, as they seep / drain a bit.

And I forgot how much cotton mouth the pain meds give me

debtfree
on 9/27/11 10:02 am - OK
 Rhonda so happy to hear the surgery went fine.  Praying for a quick recovery for you!

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

Lee ~
on 9/27/11 11:59 am - CA
Rhonda, I'm glad that you are feeling well enough to post.  I too am curious about the tummy tuck after the LBL.  I'm having the LBL in December and assumed that would take care of everything.

Get as much rest as you can.  Your body has been through a lot. 

We'll look forward to a report as you start to feel stronger.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

RhondaRoo
on 9/27/11 5:51 pm - OH
come back to the post, I replyed to your question on the link. You know, it does burn / hurt: the thighs; but I can walk and get around pretty good. I'm not much of a sitter; but I feel it more sitting down. The belly is a little bit sore, and the breasts Idon't notice any pain at all with (probably because the thighs hurt lol)

Most Active