Two days out Medial, tt, BL

RhondaRoo
on 9/29/11 9:45 am - OH
I believe I am doing well all things told. My legs are seeping quite a bit; but that was to be expected. Still very swollen, one drain is in. But get this, stress of surgery caused Flo to visit early, and she is whipping the fatigue out. Believe it or not, her cramps are more annoying then the rest. lol grrrr.

and along with Flo, IBS acts up as well. This means that constipation is not the problem, severe gas pain and explosive ones are. Good night, at least all messies will be made at one time.

talk soon, Rhonda Roo
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

Lee ~
on 9/29/11 11:39 pm - CA
Oh Rhonda, I'm sorry your IBS is acting up.  That sounds like a pain in the ass.  Ok, so maybe pun intended!

How are you doing getting up and down from the potty?  I think I worry about that after LBL and thighs done at some time as arms.

I hope you're feeling better this morning!!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

RhondaRoo
on 9/30/11 12:38 am - OH
Getting up and down isn't bad. I had begun strength training before my lbl last year; and really worked hard on building the thigh and bicep areas. I went back to this once I was released. To get up from potty, I hold on to sink with left hand, onto door handle with right hand, and I can use my arms to shift weight onto my feet--use thigh muscles, and up we are. If you don't have the muscles to do this, I would recommend getting a toilet lift.

laurak712
on 9/30/11 12:55 am - New Braunfels, TX

Rhonda, I'm getting thighs and arms done in Nov and was wondering about stretching the thigh incisions when sitting on the potty.  Is that a problem or no?  For me the LBL was easy peasy, but I'm worried about the thighs.  At least the thigh pain will take my mind off the arm pain, lol.

Laura

Height 5' 7

RhondaRoo
on 9/30/11 4:54 am - OH
I'm not feeling any pulling on my thighs. But I also am not sitting all my weight on the legs. I am using the thigh muscles to hold most of my weight, with my arms bracing on the back. Remember in gym class, when they would have us do the squat against the wall in the seated position. Since you have time, try it and see if you can support your weight this way. You do have time to get those muscles ready to go Laura.

laurak712
on 9/30/11 8:06 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yes I remember.  I've been bodybuilding for almost 13 years now and regularly free squat 150 or more pounds so I can easily hold just my body weight.  I just have to figure out the most comfortable position that doesn't irritate the incisions!  My bodylift was so easy and I hope this is the same.  My Doctor says that this surgery, in his experience, is way easier than his bodylifts.  I guess we'll see.  He doesn't even place drains and no overnight stay like last time.  Also, I can leave Houston in 2 days as opposed to 2 weeks last time. 

Height 5' 7

lk1970
on 9/30/11 12:25 pm
Hope you feel better soon! Rest up and heal!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Most Active