An introduction

Cynthia L.
on 9/29/11 11:59 pm - Clarence, NY
Hello there ladies and gents.

I thought I'd finally come out from behind the curtain and make myself known.  I'm 3.5 yrs out from a RNY, going from a size 32 to a 16.  I'm 51 yrs old and had been morbidly obese from age 17, when I got knocked up. 

I am the coveted "apple" shape, giving me that lovely and unfortunate "ass in front" look.  I'm interested in a LBL/Fleur de Lis TT, at least a Breast Lift and possibly implants to even things out, maybe a small thigh lift (I could use a long one but don't want the scar), maybe a small arm lift (if there even IS one), but REALLY want a neck lift.  You can't hide a old lady neck!!
These things I'd consider doing out of the country.

At some point later, a face lift too but would prefer to do this stateside.  I know some people have gotten great results with this outside the US, I'd just feel more confident getting the face done by people who mainly do faces, most likely in NYC since I'm a short plane ride away from there.

I love all your honesty - the good, the bad AND the ugly.  This is one topic that keeping it real means everything.  I've already started writing down all your tips and tricks, keep 'em coming!

I know I have more weight to lose to obtain optimal results AND I need to bump up my iron. Ugh.

-Cyn 

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

waitinggame
on 9/30/11 1:55 am - Bowie, MD
Welcome! You seem to have a good sense of humor, which is definitely necessary to get through this ride! Do you have a timeframe in mind for when you want to start stuff?

Have a good weekend!

Denise
Cynthia L.
on 9/30/11 2:19 am, edited 9/30/11 2:23 am - Clarence, NY

Thanks for the welcome, Denise.  Yeah, I'm fairly goofy.  (it keeps me young)

I wanted to do it this winter, because of the need of wearing binding garments afterward.  Seems
it would be easier to hide that and frankly, I live the frozen north and it might help keep me toasty. 
Also, I am fairly active during the warmer months and kinda hibernate in the winter, so winter surgery would give me time to just chill and recuperate.

However, I'm having a hard time losing from a 16 (which I've maintained 2 years) down to a size
14, the maximum I'd want to be to get stuff done.  And, I only recently found out that my iron
numbers are in the dump, since I was a slacker all summer long regarding taking my iron, 
because taking iron was was plugging me up so badly.  

I'm really motivated, so I recently started working with a personal trainer and instead of just reading Shape magazine, I'm actually going to exercise classes (hiding in the back of the room with the
rest of the old ladies) and at some point, pounds will come off, I hope.  I'm using
TheDailyPlate.com (Livestrong) to log my food, really really trying to be a good girl, for a change.

Since I have now have the fear of ? in me, I'm taking Proferrin
(heme iron) and using stool softeners and benefiber and exercising and drinking tons of water to
try to find that happy medium of being able to poop whilst taking enough iron to bump up those
dismal numbers. 

So, to answer your question, it depends on how quickly I can get my act together. 
---------
A question, to all you folks, what is your personal max size you'd want to be before considering
the PS I have in mind, and at my age?  I figured a 14, then after PS I'd be a 12 (once swelling
went down).  I'd be more than happy to be a size 12, since all I want to be is "normal."

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Amy Smith
on 9/30/11 2:57 am
Great idea about doing it at a time you would appreciate the extra layers!  (I did mine in the summer b/c I'm a teacher but didn't do much moving outside in the summer anyway and any one I went with knew the rule of the summer was that I was not allowed to sweat! LOL!  I couldn't wear deodarant for a while with my open incision under my arm pit.)

Anyway, I didn't have an idea size, but would like to be in an 8 - 10 by the time all of this is done.  I decided it was time to move to plastics when my surgeon and I had a conversation that I have lost all that we felt I could lose and was working out as much as I could etc.  I was a 12 before my first round of plastics and I am still as 12.  I don't think I will change size at all even after the butt and thigh lift.  I have just noticed my clothes fit different. 

I have to say I don't think we are ever done losing or at least wanting to lose weight.  I seem to fluctuate within a 7 pound range all the time.  I really want to lose another 15 pounds and STAY there.  I seem to bounce there and then back within the range!  I am finding that I can't stress about it or I become obsessed!
Cynthia L.
on 9/30/11 3:13 am, edited 9/30/11 3:14 am - Clarence, NY

Thanks for the response, Amy.

No deodorant?  Barbarian!!!  (I kid)

I fear if I wait to be a size 12 before PS, I'll never have it done and I'm growing older by the day.

I'm pretty sure I'll lose a size after the TT, because I have to wear a larger size just to
accomadate that gut.  Seriously, when I stand I'm not that horrible with a longer shirt that
somewhat hides the frontbutt, but when I sit, I look like the Jabba the Hut. 

About the arms and legs, of course mine are not pretty, legs worse than arms, but since I live
in a place where I can get away with 3/4 sleeves or longer short-sleeves and bermuda shorts,
that'll do. --> IS there a mini arm lift, that's done in the pit area?  I thought I read about that somewhere? 
If a little thigh lift will help with that change purse at the top of my inner thigh, I'll be happy. 
I only wear a swimsuit a few times a year, in public, so it's not such a big deal.

And, how could I forget, I TOTALLY want a mons lift!  But, I guess that goes without saying. 

I'm glad you brought the butt lift, I want one of those too.  I've read that the repositioning of a
chunk of your own flesh works out better (long term) than the fat injections.  What is your
opinion on that?
I have never had an ass, now I have a negative ass.  Just a lil sompin' sompin' back there
would  be a refreshing change.

Yep, I don't want to stress it either.  I'll never be a supermodel, I just want to look normal. 
Okay, maybe cougarish.  (is that so wrong?)

-Cyn

ETA - sorry for the edits, but when I view my post, the right-hand side is chopped off. D'oh!

Amy Smith
on 9/30/11 6:15 am
Well, there is a mini arm lift that I have read about, but I didn't have terrible batwings, but even then we still did a full brachioplasty as a mini would not make much impact at all.

As for the butt, I am not doing any augmentation as I have always have a lot of junk in my trunk, so I would be happy to have a smaller butt!  The truth of the matter is I started with plastics b/c my butt and thighs would HURT when I would run and work out (like running long distance without a bra).  Anyway, the conversation then went to if I was going to do things to the back side I would need to do something with the panni.  Therefore, we started with the panni and did some lipo to the saddlebags and will do more with the butt and thigh lift.

I am happy with my results so far, but do want to talk to the PS to make sure she is super agressive with my outer thighs and butt as although my stomach is flatter I do have an obvious line between my stomach and mons.  (I don't know if this is normal and will eventually flatten out or not.)  I haven't even asked as I have had such a problem with the incision healing that I really just want it to heal and then I will worry about small revisions, etc. or what ever needs done.  (I will address this with her before the butt and thigh lift in Dec.)

In my opinion, if I were in your shoes I would start going to a few PS for consults and see what they say. 

Oh, as for the inner thigh lift, I never thought it was a problem, but boy can I see a difference after the surgery.  I can't feel a difference as I feel like my inner thighs are bigger than they were before but it is because the nerves are still weird.
Cynthia L.
on 9/30/11 11:11 pm - Clarence, NY

I guess I'll have to look at before-and-after photos for the mini arm lift to see if it's worth the pain
and expense. 

Oh, to have your butt. /sigh  /jealous

I'm also worried about incision healing, so I'm thinking of breaking my surgeries into several
rounds instead of trying to do everything at once.  I recently retired, so getting time off isn't an
issue.  I've had cancer surgery in the past, with an incision along the bra line on my side/back
and the scar isn't beautiful, however, I did nothing to help it along.  I was just glad to be alive, at
the time. 

Yep, I'll start soon with some local consults and see what they say.  This whole process, for
some reason, seems so much scarier than when I started the WLS ball rolling.  Does/did
anyone else feel that way?

Thanks for your input, Amy.

-Cyn

Crazeru
on 9/30/11 8:54 am
Hi Cyn,
I was 58 when I had my LBL, BL, arms, medial thigh lift and 4 days later had a full neck & face lift.  I went to Monterrey Mexico with Dr Sauceda.  My surgery was in Jan, which gave me plenty of time to wear my compression garments, with a top underneach for layers during the winter months.  Not sure I could have mananged it in the summer.  Although, I'm wearing my abdominal garment at night to keep the swelling down during the day.

Dr Sauceda does do a mini arm lift.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and bop over to his group here on OH.  Click on photos on the right and look at Tom - Levittown_Loser's pics.  He had the mini arm lift - goes only part way down his arm.

The medial thigh lift runs front to back in the groin and only picks up the inner thigh that rubs together.  Yes, you'll get the mons lift too... mine was also lipo'd as it was just a fat jiggily mess. 

Do a friend request and I'll send you the password to see my pics.  I was an apple shape and had a big muffin top that Dr S lipo'd.  I also had the butt augmentation with my back area fat.  It does give a little shape to my butt. 

I think 4-5 people have gone ahead and had Dr S to their face lift after they saw mine.  Before he took me into surgery, he told me he wouldn't make me scary.  I like that the neck is a neck again, the jowls are gone, the puffy under the eyes looks better and the upper eyelids no longer hang down.  I shock people when I tell them that I'm 59!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Cynthia L.
on 10/2/11 1:31 am - Clarence, NY

Hey there Chris, thanks for the "friending."

I'm currently reading all the stickies from Dr. S's page, very interesting, lots of great info. That
mini arm lift sounds appealing to me, I'm glad he offers it.  I'll probably start with local consults
within the next few months and email Dr. S after I get feedback from the local doctors.

Your photos are quite impressive.  Do you look back at them and wonder how you ever lived
through all that?  That was a LOT of trauma to your poor body in a short span of time!  Your
results are stunning, good for you!

I MUST be brave.  I MUST be brave.  Better living through pain killers, right? 

I'm in shock you're 59 too.  It musta been all that clean living, right?

-Cyn

Crazeru
on 10/3/11 8:20 am
I don't think I was brave, just seriously in need of fixing the previously MO body.  I was off for 8 weeks, but could have used a couple more, but lived through going back to work.  I was tired, and still wearing my garments (wore for 3mo 24/7), then every other day.  I wasn't back in my jeans for 3mo... wore yoga pants and the terry cloth ones I'd picked up for surgery.  I needed to be comfortable, rather than cute. 

Local consults are a good place to start.  I just knew that I didn't want 2 or more procedures done, then sent home with a pain pump.  I liked having 24/7 care.  I live by myself, and didn't want to put my daughter out coming and staying with me.   Plus, I couldn't take 3-4 weeks here then another 3-4 weeks for the next, then another 2-4 weeks off again. 

I did protein load before and after my PS.  I think it really helped.  Plus, I was taking ProferrinES for the month & half before PS.  It brought my iron levels up nicely taking 2 at night. 

Not sure about the clean living, but the neck & face lift didn't hurt.  Better living through PS... not sure if better living, or "really living" is more correct.  I am enjoying life more, starting taking West Coast Swing classes, and love the dancing.  Met a guy and didn't feel bad getting undressed, scars are different than the baggy, loose skin folds.  Let alone the sad, saggy boobies... Love my new perky bewbies!  Hell, I love my new body & face!  For me, it was well worth what I paid for my year old PT Cruiser 6 years ago.  Now, I just have to keep it for another few years... 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active