PRE OP TEST QUESTION.HELP

Jujuvee
on 10/10/11 3:38 am
For those that were self pay, did your insurance cover your pre op bloodwork, chest xray and ekg????

I never thought about this and I am freaked out about getting billed for it.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

agjones46
on 10/10/11 3:54 am
My insurance did not help with payment.  I paid $85 for an EKG at a Cardiac Center and I got the labwork done through Econolabs which were quite a *****eaper than anywhere else.  There was one by my work and I went at lunch to get bloodwork done.  I didn't need a chest X-ray.  I didn't know about these costs either when I considered surgery.
Renee2007
on 10/10/11 4:07 am - Central, FL
 I was also self-pay and my insurance covered nothing. My pre-op tests were out of pocket.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

katsparks
on 10/10/11 5:56 am - Auburn, CA
I am self pay and I called my PCP and had him order them for me and my insurance covered it.

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
luvscessna
on 10/10/11 6:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
I was self pay, but my insurance covered everything. Blood work and the EKG. In fact, I had to get the blood work done twice due to postponement of surgery. I did get lucky though and these were done during my yearly physical.

Gail

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

pixielee
on 10/10/11 6:16 am - Twinsburg, OH
Now I have to call my PS.  I thought when I asked if my fee was a "global" fee that it includedd pre op.  Gonna have to find out for sure in th am.  Will let you know what I find out.

Kate

waitinggame
on 10/10/11 6:45 am - Bowie, MD
Self pay here. My insurance covered everything including my mammogram. I will say that I am very friendly with my primary doc and asked if they would mind coding it as routine vs. prepop, but I'm not entirely certain if they did or didn't.  

I hope you'll find that they will. I would say call your insurance company, but then again if your doc does code it as routine vs. preop you don't want to give the insurance co any heads up.

Good luck! I'll cross my fingers for you!!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Jujuvee
on 10/10/11 11:36 am
Thank you all for the responses. I set an appointment at my general physicians office and he's going to do a physical and hope that it will all fall under a wellness check up. Wish me luck because I can't imagine what the self pay cost would be for this pre op work up.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

pixielee
on 10/12/11 8:05 am - Twinsburg, OH
Just talked to my plastic surgeon's office and also the financial counselor at the world renowned Cleveland hospital.  My fee is a global fee and all pre-op testing and post op follow up is covered in my cost.

Kate

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 8:23 am

I've got UHC I'll give them this they covered everything related to both of my surgeries WLS & Plastics except the actual procedure themselves. Never needed doctor approval or anything.

Good luck

Most Active