Getting rid of what I DON'T need in 20 days.

Jujuvee
on 10/20/11 8:15 am
SO in 20 days I say goodbye to something I just don't need anymore (SKIN)

I stood in front of the mirror naked today and had a long talk with my hanging apron and bat wings and explained to them that we had to end the relationship. This was not easy for either of us being that we had been together for so long but it was not a healthy relationship. For years I thought that food was my friend and as I stand there looking at how food tricked and got the best of me I knew it was time to remove it from my life. FOREVER.

I'm learning that ( I ) am my friend and that( I ) can be more powerful than food.

It's been a long journey and at 213 I am by no means in the range of any doctors charts but I am realistic and I am loving me. I also realize that the journey is not over but instead of learning how to munipulate food so that I can lose weight I want to look at food and learn how to control myself and stay one step ahead of it.  I think they call this maintaining, I'm going to have to look that up (LOL)

So goodbye skin and hanging belly, you're dragging me down and I am tired of stuffing you into my underware only for you to creep out of the bottom.. AND goodbye batwings I am tired of it taking both hands to shave under my arms because one is needed to hold over the skin just so I can see the area.. GOOD RIDDENS!!!! Because the new me starts in 20 days!!!!

.......... Of course the thighs are still throwing a party because they get to stick around until I hit the lottery!!

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

PBJ
on 10/20/11 11:05 am
What a healthy attitude you have...wishing you much good luck!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
waitinggame
on 10/20/11 11:06 am - Bowie, MD
We posted at the exact same time! Speaking of hitting the lottery, I am gonna play 605 for tomorrows numbers!!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

waitinggame
on 10/20/11 11:05 am - Bowie, MD
You tell 'em!!! I'm very excited for you!! I can so relate to the tucking in of belly only to have that sneaky bugger find its way out the bottom. Wonder where it was heading?!? I know where mine was heading--into the medical waste hazmat bag--same place yours is heading.

And pardon my French, but SCREW the charts. The charts don't live and breathe and move and love. I love that you say you love you. That is so much more important than some arbitrary chart. 

It sounds like you have a great attitude. That will serve you well during recovery. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that you have a super smooth surgery and recovery process. You keep loving you and everything else will fall into place.

Keep us posted!!

Denise

P.S. If I hit the lottery, we can both go get our thighs done!!!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Jujuvee
on 10/20/11 3:44 pm
I'm excited for me too.. along with scared and nervous.  I always knew that I was going to get it done so I guess seeing it like that has helped me process it. well, for now.

Actually what i am not looking forward to is that damn HEPRIN shot, man that stuff is evil! Stings like mad and makes me want to smack someone!!

BUT, I'm pretty busy with work all the way up until the night before so that may help as well.

Hope my surgery does not get cancelled, my surgeon is the Top burn surgeon in my city and there is always that chance of an emergency happening and it would have to be rescheduled.

Oh the countdown is on!

16.3 pounds removed.

Breast lift- Spring 2013

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 7:02 am
I've noticed you have 8 weeks off, conspicuously over three major holidays how did you manage that?

You do have a good attitude about this I felt weird going in for plastics at 275 but now that swelling has gone down some I was 253 this morning. I only had 13 lbs taken off and I can see I still have a little more swelling left to go. So I wouldn't be surprised to see you lose even more weight than me being a woman and losing as much weight as you did.

Hope everything goes well,

Bubba
Jujuvee
on 10/23/11 9:23 pm
Bubbaluvsponge I swear I didn't plan the whole holiday thing, but thinking about it now this is a good out from all the stress of shuffling from house to house to please both sides of the family. the idea of sitting in my lift recliner sipping cocoa  in my pj's is fine with me!

Hey don't get me wrong I'm pretty freaked out about this crazy magic trick thats about to be performed on me but stuffing my skin in my clothes after all the hard work I put in to losing weight just aint right either.

So... the countdown is on!

16.3 pounds removed.

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Lee ~
on 10/23/11 11:49 pm - CA
Keep counting down.  I'm so excited for you!  November 8th is quickly approaching and you're going to be so happy to be rid of that skin!  I hope everything is exactly what you're dreaming/hoping for!  You so deserve it after this incredibly weight loss journey to a healthier self.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jujuvee
on 10/24/11 9:34 am
 Lee, Have you decided on your plan yet? Are you still going through with the whole sha-bang!

16.3 pounds removed.

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Lee ~
on 10/24/11 1:57 pm - CA
I think so, but I really won't know until I'm with Dr. Sauceda and we discuss everything.  I need him to access things when he's actually looking at "me" and not just pictures.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active