Panniculectomy Approved

thetexgal
on 10/21/11 4:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
My insurance approved my panniculectomy yesterday! My surgery is scheduled for Dec 7. I guess the realization is setting in that I am going to have a major surgery. We are scheduling everything with our jobs (hubby and I) and getting care for our 14 month old. So, we are starting the countdown!  

WOW!
Traci
Danae T.
on 10/21/11 5:01 am
Congrats! That is so awesome. I hope you have a quick recovery. Keep us posted..

Danae T    
littleskie
on 10/21/11 12:53 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I had my panniculectomy done last thursday. I am so happy with it. I did come home with two jp drains and got one taken out today. The dr. is pleased with how i'm healing. I can't wait to lose the other one and get out of these support hose...lol. They just look so cute...not...lol. Just be sure to rest and follow the dr.'s instructions. I love my plastic surgeon. he is awesome.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

thetexgal
on 10/24/11 12:35 am - Fort Worth, TX

I am so glad you are healing well!! I can't even envision what it will be like post surgery! I am scared, anxious, excited, etc all in one!

Traci 

scottswife1997
on 10/22/11 12:12 am - Ardmore, OK
Congratulations!  The time will get here before you know it.  I was approved in April and scheduled/rescheduled mine 4 times....I finally had it on October 12th.  I am so glad I did!  I can already tell a huge difference in my body!
Holly

thetexgal
on 10/24/11 12:29 am - Fort Worth, TX

Thank you very much for the info. I am nervous but anxious to actually see what I look like post surgery. It will be so nice to sit without this huge thing in my lap and lugging around all this stuff!

Traci

warriormom
on 10/24/11 3:45 am - Glenpool, OK

How exciting!  I just found out today that my panniculectomy has been approved.  They are trying to schedule me for January.  Are you having anything else done at the same time?   My plan is to have the "girls" lifted  and implants.

HW/SW/CW:  410/351/201                  
thetexgal
on 10/24/11 4:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
No, I am not having anything else done. My panni is severe and the surgeon doesn't want anything else done. I plan on doing more things (back, arms, etc) in the future.
Laura in Texas
on 10/24/11 4:26 am
Congrats!! Did you ask your surgeon how much it would cost to upgrade to a tummy tuck???  I love my tight stomach muscles. It makes a huge difference.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

warriormom
on 10/24/11 4:40 am - Glenpool, OK

My surgeon will be doing a tummy tuck.  He says that is his standard with weight loss patients.  I'm so excited, yet nervous.  I know that I will feel amazing once this is done.   Any helpful suggestions as we get ready for surgery?

HW/SW/CW:  410/351/201                  
Most Active