Tummy Tuck

kimba11869
on 10/22/11 5:41 am
I am scheduled to have my tummy tuck on Dec 3rd 2011 Any advice on what to do before after? Things I should be prepared for I am so Nervous,,

Hw 285 Sw 271 Cw 149 Gw 160
Scheduled for Tummy Tuck Dec 3, 2011

littleskie
on 10/22/11 9:38 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I made sure I was getting plenty of protein and water before hand. Also keep an eye on your iron levels. My doc ordered pre-op blood tests mostly to make sure I wasn't anemic. All was good.

Had my panniculectomy October 13 and doing pretty good so far. They took off eight pounds of skin. Not as much as I expected tho since I was 450 when I had my rny, but I look great now.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

fatoldbat
on 10/24/11 10:25 pm, edited 10/24/11 10:26 pm
it would be great if you have someone to stay with you for the first week.  my hubby took a week's vacation to be home with me.  i needed help getting up and down for the first few days.  i also stocked up on my vitamins, protein powder and protein bars so i didn't have to worry about running out for at least a month. 

i had planned to purchase maxi pads to use for bandages but at my pre op i was told not to do that.  i wound up buying a box of plain gauze pads and a roll of paper tape.  that's all i needed.  i wore a comfy bra 24/7 (one of those that hook in the front/made of tshirt material) because i clamped my drain tubes to them.  it was too much trouble to clamp them to my pants as i'd have to take them off every time i went to potty.  so.... i wound up just clamping them to my bra....that way my shirt could move freely.

WEAR YOUR BINDER!!!  my PS didn't put me in a binder until the day the last drain was removed.  i could tell a huge difference in the swelling after i started wearing my binder.  i'm 7 weeks post tummy tuck today and i'm wearing a "flexees" compression garment (Kohl's brand of spanx).  i go back to the PS on friday and hope he'll release me.

i slept in a recliner for about 3 weeks.  after i started sleeping in my bed, it was uncomfortable for a while as i'm a side sleeper and it put pressure on my incision....but...its' fine now.

all in all....the pain was pretty bad the first week but was managable with meds......

would i do it again?   YES!!!  in a heartbeat!!  i felt a bit guilty for spending that much money on my tummy but now i see that it was worth every penny!  i/m 53 years old and my bikini days have been over for a really long time....but my clothes fit better and i feel better about myself.  i'm so glad that the saggy skin is gone!

another thing.....my PS had me double up on my iron pills and i had to take 1000 mg per day of vitamin c beginning a month before my surgery (it helps with the healing process).  they looked at all my vitamins and the only thing i had to stop was the multi vitamin.  i stopped that 1 week pre-op (because they said vitamin e thins your blood).  i started the multi vitamin again 1 week post op.

best wishes to you and your upcoming surgery!!

jenni
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active