Day 4 post-op - Had LBL on Friday, 10/28

ashleynicole86
on 10/30/11 3:36 pm, edited 10/30/11 3:37 pm - SC
I had what my surgeon refers to as a belt lipectomy and breast lift this past Friday morning. This has been one of the scariest things I've ever been through in my life. The day after has definitely been the hardest day of recovery so far, but I would say in general, this has been very difficult.

I currently have 4 drains in all coming out of the sides of my thighs (2 on each side). I go back to see my surgeon on Wednesday for my 1st follow-up appointment. I'm not sure if my drains will come out at that point, but it sure would be nice. They make it difficult when getting this compression garment back up. Speaking of that, I was only given 1 compression garment. Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a 2nd one?

From what I can tell so far, my results look really good! I'm so ready to be healed though and feel normal again. This has been very hard. I had intentions of getting an arm and thigh lift next year, but now, I'm not sure if I want to deal with anymore surgeries. It takes a lot out of a person.

Good luck to anyone who is scheduled for an upcoming surgery! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Ashley
Britt U.
on 10/30/11 4:17 pm - Mill Creek, WA
Hi Ashley, glad you're doing well even with the scary and difficult aspects of early recovery. I'm planning exactly your surgery - had planned to have it on 11/18 but it looks like work will get in the way and I'll need to postpone until January.

Looking forward to hearing more about your recovery. And would love to hear the details of your surgery and pre-op visits, etc. I know as the writer it always seems like no one really wants to read all that. But as the reader I just love it when people share all the details.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow (and someone to answer your door for trick or treaters: -)).

Britt

ashleynicole86
on 11/2/11 5:47 am - SC
Thanks Britt and good luck to you on your upcoming surgeries!

I am going to try my best to do regular updates because I know it was helpful for me to read about people's progress afterwards as well.

Ashley
TurtleShell
on 10/30/11 4:23 pm - WA
That's great! I hope your recovery goes well.

You can order compression garments on designveronique.com.  There's another site that sells them, but I can't remember the name.
ashleynicole86
on 11/2/11 5:48 am - SC
Thanks! I'll check out that site.
Lee ~
on 10/30/11 11:39 pm - CA

I think my surgeon uses these compression garments.

http://marenagroup.com/

I hope the next days fly by for you so that you get start feeling better.  I think it's amazingly courageous for any of us to get on the table to do this.   You'll be so happy with your results when all of this is over!

Take good care Ashley and please keep us updated on how you're doing.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

ashleynicole86
on 11/2/11 5:50 am - SC
Thanks Lee! I'll definitely be happy when the final results are here. I do agree that it takes a lot of courage for anyone to do this. I wish only the best to those getting ready to have any type of surgery and commend those who have already been through this.
waitinggame
on 10/31/11 2:08 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Ashley! I am 6-1/2 weeks post LBL, BL w/ augmentation. I'm with you. This has been suckish! I won't bore you with my troubling tale, but just wanted to say I hope you are soon feeling better. I'm also with you about not being sure anymore surgery is in my future. I think I may have been cured from wanting that! The drains are terrible. I put all mine in a little fanny pack that I wore around my waist. It was a pain with the garment, but I could just slip the whole pack through, however, my garment was crotchless, so not sure if that would work for you.

Have a restful day.

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

ashleynicole86
on 11/2/11 5:53 am - SC
Thanks Denise! I've been browsing the boards here and there during the weeks before my surgery and have seen a few of your posts. I hope you are doing better! I saw where you finally got your last drain out. I know that must be a relief. I hope you continue to do better each day as well! Good luck to you in the future!

Ashley
Renee2007
on 10/31/11 3:02 am - Central, FL
 The first few days are the roughest. It will get easier. Rest as much as you can and really push the protein. When it's all said and done it will just be a distant memory and you'll be so glad that you did it!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Most Active