Not scheduled yet, but second guessing

disney38
on 11/4/11 10:21 pm - West Fargo, ND
I am scared to have a tt.  I have inheritance to pay for it, so its not the money.  I am 51 years old and having horrible thoughts about "what if's" and I don't know why.  I have had several surgery's, though I suppose I felt I HAD to do those.  I had my gall bladder removed, I had a lap gastric bypass, I had a full abdominal hysterectomy, but for some reason this one has me so scared.

Maybe I feel it is my age, not sure.  I lost 110 lbs - had gastric bypass 4 years ago.  I have been maintaining for 3 years, but I have this extra "butt" hanging down and along the sides I have the muffin top - I know it is extra skin as there is nothing in there.

I a feeling selfish for wanting to do this with the "what if" something bad happened.

Lori

248/137/140
Lap RNY 7/2/07

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you are the world. 

Linda-K
on 11/4/11 11:24 pm - New Port Richey, FL
I felt EXACTLY the same way.  Do not ever feel guilty about doing something to make YOU feel better about YOU.

I had had 5 surgeries in the last 5 years - Gall bladder, lap band, colonoscopy (I count it because I WAS knocked out for it), kidney stone, and finally rotator cuff repair.  I decided to do an extended TT with lipo for ME.  I was so sick of dealing with that heavy "apron" of skin and fat which actually folded over.  And I was sick of losing all this weight (nearly 100 lbs) and still absolutely hating the way I looked in pants.

So I got my surgery on the 20th of October.  It was not nearly as bad as I had worked myself into believing.  The depression was a bit much but this board was helpful to me in many ways getting me through the surgery.  I've lost 7lbs since surgery and clothes that were super tight before are now hanging off me.

I'm very very glad I did this.  And I did it for me.

I hope my story helps you in some way.  Good luck on your decision and your journey.

Before/Current/DrGoal/MyGoal      279/183/175/155
Most Active