soooo what does a panniculectomy actually look like after?

sianabob
on 11/9/11 7:12 am
I am waiting to see if Tricare will approve me for a panniculectomy.... I would certianly prefer a full TT..... HOWEVER I cannot justify the $5000 additional...

sooo I know that people have TT and their tummies look AWESOME.... What does it look like after a panniculectomy?? I have a portion of skin that actually overhangs my belly button from above.. soooo I dont know how they are going to be able to make my stomach look normal with that bulge of who knows what..

littleskie
on 11/9/11 8:17 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
For me the took more skin and took my belly button. You never even notice the belly button is gone. It's amazing. I'm having issues with blood clots so be sure you walk and move around afterwards. I've had six abdominal surgeries in my life and this is the only one I got bloodclots with...lol.

I would still do it again in a heartbeat.

Good Luck!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 8:41 am
Congrats on the weight loss & I see you are coming up your 1 year surgiversary you have done well.

From what I gather of you post it looks like your saying that if tricare covers the panni removal you have to cough up another 5 grand for a full TT. That seems excessive to me but maybe I got details wrong. I am here in the midwest and got a Extended TT, Hernia repair & Gynecomastia. Insurance did cover Hernia which helped with hospital expenses and anesthesiologist. But the whole thing was a little over 8 grand. I would shop around a little and get another quote.

If you do have it done I would spend money for full TT though even if it is extra cost, I have seen a couple guys who only had panni removal and it looks ok, (not that mine is perfect far from it) but I'm much happier with the muscle tightening part of the deal and more skin will get removed.

Good luck

Bubba
Laura in Texas
on 11/9/11 8:54 am
Find the $5000. You are young and will regret it if you don't. I've heard going back in after a panni and trying to do a tt later, will not give you nearly as good results as you would get if you do it all the first time. 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sianabob
on 11/9/11 11:25 am
My problem is that tricare will only approve certian locations for the plastic surgery appointment.. the surgeon wont submit a request for a full TT since tricare doesnt pay enough to cover everything.... so they just submit for the panni removal.. I know I would be MUCH happier with a TT but in the midst of adopting my nephew, and getting all the bills paid off before my husband is out of the military and in school.. we just cannot afford it.. Mentally I know the panni being removed is better than nothing though

J G.
on 11/9/11 2:10 pm
Have you tried all the locations?
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/11 9:22 am
Just had bariatric a support group meeting last night, with a plastic surgeon  as speaker for over an hour very informative. Obviously I think you have done some homework on the difference between the two procedures. A full TT is preferable to a panni removal this surgeon charges 4-5 grand a TT. As far is she is concerned they are about the same procedure, if you get approved for a panni removal she will do a full TT  with muscle tightening. If you get approed for a full TT she will go ahead and and do as far back is necessary like an Extended TT. She was talking about hernia repairs and she works with another surgeon to repair them, with their help she said it takes the two of them about 10 minutes together to do muscle tightening. About 15-20 when she is working by herself. I really think that surgeon is trying to take advantage and gouge you for money.

She is avery well respected local plastic surgeon and takes 2 months to get a consoltation with her. I would maybe post a thread to see what the difference is cost wise between the procedures to get an idea what other people are paying.

Granted you don't know me from nobody, but I wish I would have know then what I know now I would have picked a different surgeon and had more done at once even if I had to spend more. I hope you can look around a little more and get another opinion.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck,

Bubba
Most Active