Opinions please -- breast lift only or breast lift w/aug

Judith K.
on 11/11/11 6:53 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Going back and forth between doing nothing w/ my breasts or just having them lifted.  I really don't think I want implants (something foreign in my body?) but I'm open to opinions.  Wearing a 34D now and have been told I'd lose a cup size if I only have the lift.  Please give me any and all your knowledge!

I'm having a brachioplasty in January and a mini face lift and if I do the breasts I want it all done at once.

Thanks for the input.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

cme
on 11/11/11 8:44 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
I am scheduled in Jan for a lift w/ implant. I am a lot smaller then you, I am a 34 almost b. When I met with Dr Sauceda I talked to him about just a lift, and he said I would never be happy with that, that I have no breast tissue left so a lift would make me look like a little girl, so I am looking to be a c when all is said and done.

My sistuation is completely different from yours so I am not sure how much this helps, but it is all I know.

Good luck.

Bethany

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Judith K.
on 11/11/11 8:51 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Thanks, Bethany!  I may be in the same situation.

We both had Dr Alvarez and I almost used Dr Sauceda.  Actually still may go to Dr S eventually 'cause my PS won't do a thighplasty and I really want one!

What else are you having done w/ Dr Sauceda?
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

cme
on 11/11/11 9:10 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
Tummy tuck, still debating on the thighs. I would like them done, but my son needs braces this year too...so I am not sure I can afford the thighs right now.

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Lizzy25
on 11/11/11 9:18 am
Well it depends really on how your current boobage is distributed and what it's made up of. For example, before my breast lift/augmentation, I was a 34C. But a LOT of that was skin. I really only had the breast tissue of maybe a large A cup. If you'd only lose 1 cup size with the lift, that means you probably have a good amount of fatty breast tissue still left. Your breasts probably won't have as much projection as a 'natural' C cup breast, meaning much of the mass will be more against your chest, kind of the opposite of the "pointy Madonna boob" look. It's what tends to happen when you get a lift with no implants. But with a good bra you can't tell the difference. If you're gonna be happy with a C, then I'd say go with just a lift, because implants are a lot more complicated than people realize. I'm glad I got mine, but I'm going to need revision surgery in a few months and it's been a real rollercoaster with them. They're not lifetime devices either. You don't need to change them out if there is no problem, but most people have had some sort of issue by around 10 years out that they need or want another surgery. You will pretty reliably need another surgery at some point down the road if you get them (god willing! I HOPE I live long enough to need 6 more surgeries!)

It also just depends on how Va-Va-Voom you wanna look. If I had it my way I'd have the body of a stripper. Not gonna lie. I'm single and I was never sexy before and I want that now. For others, it's not so important and they don't want to be objectified. (Whereas I'm flattered as heck when someone objectifies me. Woohoo!).

Also, MANY surgeons prefer to do a lift, wait 2 months, then do implants. Just to see how things settle out, and because it's a lot of trauma to subject the breast to at once. I totally sympathize with wanting it all done at once. BUT, if you go without the implants then change your mind, you have the option of going back and getting them put in. The recovery depends on whether you get under the muscle or over, but if you have enough tissue you could get overs and the recovery for that isn't bad at all.

I'm bombarding you with random stuff that pops into my head. But hope this helps. I'm totally jealous of your brachioplasty, hopefully I"ll be getting one next year!! 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Judith K.
on 11/11/11 11:41 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
That's EXACTLY the kind of info I wanted!  My husband of 41 years loves me just the way I am so that's a big plus.  I've never been large breasted but it would be nice if they were so saggy.  Breastfeeding 4 babies and losing 100# hasn't not been kind to the poor things.Thanks for the input.  I didn't know about the longevity issues.

ericaFG
on 11/11/11 9:23 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Talk to a few different surgeons.

I was a C cup full of skin pre-lift. I filled the cup nicely, with a lot of tucking and folding. There are before pics on my profile of you wanna see. Post lift? I'm a "thin" C. I fill a push up still with the "cutlets" in them, but I could probably wear a B in a minimizer type bra. But NO hang. I always joke that I couldn't even hold a pencil under them any more.

My surgeon only removed 20oz from each side. My understanding is that he removed the skin layer and folded everything else up into a boobie shape. They aren't perfectly plump - they are a bit "empty" on top (if that makes sense) with kinda more of the "ski jump" nipple thing going on. But honestly I've seen people in movies with pretty much the same shape - its not abnormal. Just not stripper boobs.

I'm 41 too. Married with a husband who likes big boobs (don't they all) but seems satisfied with my perky small ones ;0)

My dr encouraged implants but did talk about 10 "expiry dates" and complications etc. I just didn't feel those risks were justified for me. And I knew I could always go back if I didn't like them. But right now I'm happy.

I'll try to post some updated pics today so you can see the 3month out look...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Sweetitalian1
on 11/11/11 10:43 pm - CA
Hi Judith,

I was a 40DDD and now I am a 34D on the left and a 34DD on the right...oh joy. My physician prefers to do the sx separately when the girls are a bit too far south.  I am scheduled for a lift in Dec and will then come back 2 mo later for implants if I still want them.  I am having a lift reduction on the right to match my left side. I think the lift will make me a C cup. 

I think I went from a training bra to a D like in the first grade. So I am pretty sure i will be back for the implants. I want breasts like when I was 17.  This time around, I will have a better appreciation for them. My real goal is to feel like myself.

Also I work in the medical field. I too have concerns with a foreign bitems in my body but have come to terms with it.

Hope this helps

Sheila

SassyItalian
on 11/12/11 1:31 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Judith-

I went to 2 great surgeons and both were ok with doing the lift and augment at the same time.

But more importantly per both docs: doing an implant too acts as scaffolding for the lift, giving the breast shape. It will also help the lift hold its shape and not sag longer. Also, the top of the breast can indent eventually and look funny.

These are things to at least consider.

When they did my lift they would have made me smaller and I have a larger frame and have always been large breasted so I wanted my girls back!! I did all this to get here, why not improve things?

It was a struggle for me to decide to do an implant, i didnt want the foreign device. But realizing I would have a better result and shape made me decide to do it. My doctor gave me a small implant per my request, a 250cc silicone moderate profile plus.

And I have to say, 9 days out, though its early, I am so thankful I decided to do the implant to. It was definitely the right choice, at least for me.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Eileen36
on 11/12/11 3:38 am - PA
I've had two consults. I had one doc recommend it and one strongly advise against it. The one who was against it said that my skin has been stretched so much (like most of ours has - although I have breastfed two children) that it wouldn't be able to hold the implant well and I'd have more sagging in the future than if I didn't have it. Ugh! I thought I had decided on having one until I had that consult. Now I'm conflicted again.
Eileen

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
Most Active