tummy tuck

Laura in Texas
on 11/12/11 5:45 am
I think you should get a second opion regarding the muscle tightening. I believe the overwhelming majority of us need it after losing weight, even if we did not have kids.  The cost you were quoted, compared to what most pay where I live is extremely reasonable. Here it is at least twice that. I paid even more to have the best surgeon.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Michelle E.
on 11/13/11 4:41 am
I am paying 9800 for extended TT with lateral thigh lift.
Dr_Michaels
on 11/13/11 7:45 am - MD
The cost of a tummy tuck really depends on your location. That price is not unreasonable unless that is the cost of the surgeon's fee only. Most weight loss patients do need muscle tightening, but this has to be determined by your surgeon.

Many weight loss patients have significant loss of volume, a nipple positioned at the bottom of the breast, and a lateral roll of skin. For many of my weight loss patients, I prefer not to use breast implants. To get the volume that many women desire, you can use the lateral roll of skin to auto-augment the breast without using implants. It is a great operation to restore breast volume, correct nipple position and remove the lateral roll of the breast. For women that have small breasts without the lateral roll, an implant may be a good option.

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck. 
Dr. Michaels          
Board certified plastic surgeon

www.MonarchARPS.com               [email protected]

Leading the Curve In Post-Bariatric Body Contouring
Most Active