12 days post op BL/Brachioplasty (last post)

debtfree
on 11/12/11 9:48 pm - OK
 Morning y'all, I am doing freaking awesome!!  I just can't believe how well I'm doing.  I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak but it hasn't.  I know many of you have had major struggles and I feel guilty telling you how good I'm doing but I figure those out there preparing for surgery need to see that the recovery can be all across the board as far as various issues or pain.

Things that bother me - can't sleep on my stomach or side yet for longer than 20 minutes or so but at least I am in the bed and not the recliner.  I haven't fallen in love with the compression garmet yet.  I hate it and let me tell you - night sweats and compression don't mix nicely.  The armpits but me.  The incision line itches.  I can't reach up high.   

Things that are awesome - I am already back at the gym riding the stationary bike because it doesn't jiggle my top half to do so.  I am walking about 1.5 miles at a time in the neighborhood.  I am driving, shopping, straightening up the house, cooking, ect.   Doing so well that I am venturing into the office tomorrow for a meeting. Most awesome ---- The 12 lbs of fluid I gained from swelling are all gone now.  I weigh 1 lb less than surgery day.  Yee - ha!!!

Most awesome - my "rocks in socks" are gone!!  I'm part of that "itty bitty *****" club now but that's okay with me.  I have a waist now too.  And that muffin top that was left over from the LBL is virtually gone...maybe will have a tiny skin roll but not bad.

This is probably my last post unless something noteworthy arises.  I'll update pics when the glue comes off the scars and you can see better how its going to look.  Thanks for all the help on this board.  I'll still be popping in and out lurking because if all goes well round 3 the dreaded thigh surgery will be a year from now.

:)  Thanks all!

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

rhidunn
on 11/12/11 9:51 pm - Annapolis, MD
Awesome for you!  I go for my back lift/breast lift and a little auto augmentation on Thursday -- I am so excited I can't stand myself.  So, even this early out and still swollen  you see a change in your waistline from the back lift?  that is something I have been wondering about

pixielee
on 11/12/11 10:07 pm - Twinsburg, OH
you will love the back lift!  once the swelling goes down, makes a definite difference in the wiast line!  Love the fact that that my back is SMOOTH! Can't wait to go buy some new bras!

Kate

debtfree
on 11/12/11 10:55 pm - OK
 Me too!!!!  I want to buy a bra so bad!!!!  I have to wear compression until the middle of Dec. But.....thinking of buying a bra anyway and just seeing how it looks!  :)

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

debtfree
on 11/12/11 10:53 pm - OK
 Yes I can already see a waist and the weird area that I didn't plan to see improvement is my shoulders.  They are tiny!!!

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

pixielee
on 11/12/11 10:11 pm - Twinsburg, OH
So happy that you are doing so well!  Good luck at work tomorrow!  My armpits are bugging me too. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to shave them!  I actually woke up this am an all but 2 lbs of fluid is gone.  Definitely improved my outlook this am.  Keep us updated.

Kate

debtfree
on 11/12/11 10:56 pm - OK
 Such a good feeling when that fluid starts coming off.  I guess I have lost a couple of real lbs because I still have swelling in the arms and chest but yet my scales say I am a lb down from surgery date.  Yea!  I'll that that!!

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

newalpha
on 11/13/11 2:19 am
Amy, I'm thrilled at your rapid progress. I know it's going to be hard for you to take it easy but please don't over do it. Tell me what they did pre and post for nausea and how effective was it? I have my pre-surgery and labs on 11-18 with Dr. Sawan and I want to have a game plan. I have lengthy talks pre op with the Anesthseologist prior to every surgery but always get sick. Thanks
Steve
debtfree
on 11/14/11 4:43 am - OK
 Sawan is awesome!!!  Ask him to order a patch for the nausea.  He will make sure its all good.  I used a different doc  for the upper body and his anestheseologist didn't do anything special for me but I also didn't get sick.  I will be going back to Sawan in October 2012 for the thighs. (I hope if I can get the money).

Good luck on your surgery!!!!  How exciting!!!

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

Jujuvee
on 11/13/11 7:21 pm
Wow, you are doing great. Exercise already.. Like you I am having a fantastic recovery as well, I too almost feel guilty about this.

High 5!!!!

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Most Active