Scared of anesthesia!! Need help!

LDG1970
on 11/15/11 11:48 am - Denver, CO
I am scheduled for a lower body lift and brachioplasty on DEc. 15th. A Dr. friend just told me not to do them both at the same time bc the rate of complications skyrockets after 4 hours of being under anesthesia. I want to hear from those of you who were under for more than 4 hours and how your experiences were. Did you have complications? What were they? WERe they due to anesthesia or do you know? What were your procedures? Are you happy w/them? Do you wish you had done one procedure at a time? How was your recovery? Words of advice? Tips? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks! Lisha

LBL 7/10/12 starting 310lbs/current154lbs/goal 150lbs (
normal138)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/weight_loss.php?a=sg&t=waqydin

Jujuvee
on 11/15/11 12:08 pm
Exact same procedures last week. 5 hour surgery and released the next day. currently a textbook recovery!!

No pain and diong the 2 together was a perfect combination.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

pixielee
on 11/15/11 1:13 pm - Twinsburg, OH
My PS will only do certain procedures together because she  doesn't want you under for more than 5 hours at a time. My brachio and BL/BA ended up taking almost 8 1/2 hours.  Made me buy a night in the hospital! As an ICU RN, I agree with your doctor friend. Anesthesia is the most dangerous part of any surgery.  I always make sure I get to know whoever is handling my anesthesia and make sure they know ME.  I always take a picture of me with my son.  I want them to realize they are taking care of a mom and wife and not just another 'assignment'.  I think it really helps to humanize it for them.  I ended up with the most fabulous of care!

Kate

newalpha
on 11/15/11 7:18 pm, edited 11/15/11 7:20 pm
I'm having LBL and medial thigh lift ( mini/crescent cut) I have a very main stream PS who estimates 7-7.5 hrs in OR. He had no hesitation. I'm 55 but really feel about 22 due to cardio and weight training.My concerns are more w/ nausea which I hope is controlled w/ a Scop Patch and Zofran. I'm scheduled for 12-8.

Steve
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 6:57 am
is anesthesia different from being put under twillight? thats what my dr is using I wonder what the complications are when going under with that?
muffin27
on 11/16/11 9:52 pm - Canada
littleskie
on 11/18/11 3:50 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I had several surgeries thru the years that lasted more than four hours under anesthesia. They may want to keep you overnight to make sure your ok. I got sent home this last time and just sat in my recliner and took a long nap...lol. It's different for everyone but I wouldn't worry about it. If they feel its not right they will keep you overnight to make sure.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active