Lifting recliner or hospital bed?

LDG1970
on 11/16/11 1:22 am - Denver, CO
For those of you who've had a lower body lift or tummy tuck
would you recommend I rent a recliner that lifts or a hospital bed?
Which did you use? Did you wish you had something different?

LBL 7/10/12 starting 310lbs/current154lbs/goal 150lbs (
normal138)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/weight_loss.php?a=sg&t=waqydin

pauliegirl69
on 11/16/11 1:36 am - NJ
My vote....reclining lift chair..but be sure the recliner goes all the way back! I would have loved to have slept more in mine but it didnt go back far enough.....and make sure that its in good condition firmness wise....or you back/tail bone will start to hurt
proudauntie
on 11/16/11 3:10 am - Honolulu, HI
I had a tummy tuck and just used my own bed with lots of pillows to prop myself up.  I was 58 then but I do alot of Pilates which definitely helped with my recovery.
Sue C
on 11/16/11 5:51 am - Fargo, ND
I had a tummy tuck but just stayed on the couch that reclined on the ends.  I had no troubles.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Jujuvee
on 11/16/11 6:37 am
I am recovering in a lift recliner. Best 90 bucks ever!!

But I'm pretty sure that the previous person was a smoker and it would have been nice to have gotten one that did not have a smokers smell to it!

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Lizzy25
on 11/16/11 11:10 am
 I recovered in a regular recliner and it worked great for me. Much more comfortable than being in a bed with wedge pillows, and easier to maneouver in and out of. When you get in and out of a bed, you have to either sit down and then rotate your body, or somehow manage to turn as you get into bed. The extra turning is painful, it still gives me a bit of trouble 3 weeks post-op (and I only had a tummy tuck). With the recliner you can just sit down and lay back. Also, the recliner helps minimize inadvertent turning and shifting during sleep. Like others have said, just be sure to sit in it first and make sure it's properly padded. I had a really nice leather recliner that was very cushy. I looked at lift chairs and some of them were fabric and not that nice. I couldn't find one that I liked (that was within my budget). So if you can find a nice one, go for it. 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
waitinggame
on 11/16/11 11:23 am - Bowie, MD
If I'd have had the space I'd have loved to have a hospital bed. Being able to adjust positions would have been awesome!

Having said that, I did a regular recliner and was okay. The one word of caution I will give you is to make sure the footrest goes up easily. Once I didn't have a helper anymore, it was a bit of a struggle to get the footrest up, but mine has the old fashioned arm on the side like a slot machine. I think most now just have a little button or pull handle up on the arm.

Good luck!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Valicia
on 11/19/11 3:05 am
I had LBL on Wednesday of this week.  My lift recliner chair was a godsend. I don't have anyone with me most of the time, getting up is no problem with the chair.  The first 2 days I could not get myself out of a bed.
Laura in Texas
on 11/19/11 3:21 am
I had a lower body lift and used my mom's adjustable bed for 2 months. It was heavenly. I would not have survived without it.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active