Which one first???

kamehanaokala
on 12/2/11 6:30 am - HI

If you were only allowed to do one of the following procedures at a time, which would you do first?

Tummy tuck? Or booby lift/aug?

I'm thinking TT first? Cause if you do the girls first, then TT...you'd be pulling down and the girls might follow??? LOL

Need your advice ladies!

newalpha
on 12/2/11 7:17 am, edited 12/2/11 7:19 am
LBL, why go half way. Take care of the denier at the same time and avoid an additional surgery later to deal with the sageness in the caboos and hamstrings, if that's an issue.
PBJ
on 12/2/11 7:42 am
I would do them both together..it would end up being cheaper in the long run..and one recoverey...yes a tougher on but I think it would be worth it. I am having a TT with lipo in Jan..I was going to do the boobs too but decided mine aren't bad enough to justify the extra money and I am totally self pay.  (but he was going to do them at the same time)

Good luck to you.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
cme
on 12/2/11 7:52 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
I am having both done in Jan. It is a lot cheaper to have them done together, a litte rougher recovery, but I think better in the long run.

Good luck with your decision making.

Bethany

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Laura in Texas
on 12/2/11 8:00 am
I was trying to decided the same thing last spring and ended up doing both at the same time. Boobs were definitely the easy part of the recovery.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lee ~
on 12/2/11 8:54 am - CA

I'm doing both together next Friday with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  He has a group here on OH if you want to come check out people who have been there and get some idea of how they like his work.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

TurtleShell
on 12/2/11 9:02 am - WA
Lee, your surgery is right around the corner. You must be so excited!
Lee ~
on 12/2/11 2:26 pm - CA
 It's so close! I can't believe it.  I'm scared and excited!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MikeyMike
on 12/2/11 9:03 am, edited 12/1/11 9:07 pm - New York, NY

Looks like this was addressed to the ladies but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

I wanted to do my man boobs first. I really want them gone with a passion. It's always been a source of embarrassment for me. Ever since I was thirteen years old.

I did several consultations and each doctor asked me what my priority list was. I had the same answer Boobs, Stomach, then thighs.

The doctor that I ended up choosing convinced me to do the Circumferential Lower Body lift first. He said that if I didn't address the stomach muscles before doing the boobs that I would need to have a revision and I wouldn't get the optimal result. It also made sense to me as this procedure addressed the Tummy, AB muscles, Lower Back, Butt and Outer thighs at the same time.

I really wanted him to do the breasts at the same time but he refused as he said the C/LBL would take about 6 hours and that's the max he would put someone under anesthesia for.

The boobs are on the list for next year.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Lizzy25
on 12/2/11 9:25 am, edited 12/2/11 9:32 am
 My PS told me if I was gonna split up the TT and the boobs, I should do the boobs first, because the TT is much harder and he said I wouldnt't wanna come back for the boobs if I did the really painful one first. I was originally planning on doing the operations 3 weeks apart BTW. But if you space them apart more, I don't think it'd make much of a difference, honestly. You can take into consideration things like time of year. I don't know where you live but if you live in a hot climate, do the TT in winter or late fall so that you won't die of heat stroke, you'll have to wear a binder or compression garments, and those are HOT. Well, winter is pretty much a good time to do any plastics because with the boobs, if they're shaped funny at the start (which they often are, while they're healing) you can cover em up with sweaters and sweatshirts.  

Oh, and I asked my surgeon that exact question, I was worried my TT would pull my breasts down. He said not to worry. They only undermine (cut away the skin from the underlying tissue, in order to pull it) up to the bottom of the ribs, so the skin on the ribs and above does not move. It's possible you may get a few stretch marks up there but your breasts won't be going anywhere. 

But if I had to do it all over again I'd do them both at once. Yeah it'd be a sucky recovery but it'd only eat up a month or so of my life as opposed to the 3 months I've had to take off. 

edit: I just saw that you live in Hawaii. Guess you don't have winter. It's pretty much summer all the time. Well that's one less thing you need to think about! 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Most Active