GYN appointment Friday

Southernsleever
on 12/7/11 11:22 am
 I have a GYN appointment on Friday and I'm really hoping that she will be able to refer me for a tummy tuck and perhaps a breastlift (dreaming here a little I know). She was 100% behind my surgery and even my choice to have surgery in Mexico. How do I talk to her about this though? Do GYNs ever make referals anyway?

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

waitinggame
on 12/7/11 11:27 am - Bowie, MD
My gyn didn't make a referral per se, but he did write a letter of medical necessity for me and made copies of my office notes documenting my rashes and subsequent treatment. I'd say just be honest and explain that the after affects of your amazing weight loss have left you feeling like you need plastic surgery to come full circle with the process and ask her how you should proceed. I'm sure she'll be happy to give her opinion about the best way for you to go about proceeding, although I'd imagine the most you'll get referral-wise will be a recommendation of a surgeon.

Good luck!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active